Home

Recuiting Style

This is a discussion on Recuiting Style within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2007, 08:16 PM   #1
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17
Recuiting Style

just a quick question see how everyone else recruits compared to myself...

you guys go for the studs and try to get them? or do you try to go for more of a sure thing look for the pipelines or crappier guys but have mad ability?

myself (since i tend to be crappier teams in dynasty) i go right to the bottom and work my way up...like say at WR i look for tall guys...if i get or have at least 2 taller guys ill go for 1 fast guy..

RB my style i like short agile fast guys...i dont need too much power id rather run a sweep get my HB to the outside...

or MLB i want my guy fast to cover as much of the field as possible...the awareness for these guys ill work on in training and spring drills and whatnot...

unless i see someone whos a pipeline higher up the list i usually dont even try, i almost strictly go straight to the bottom of the list and work from there lol

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs

Last edited by FunkDockta27; 09-12-2007 at 09:11 PM. Reason: typo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2007, 08:58 PM   #2
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Recuiting Style

Just started a dynasty and I've been targeting guys with higher awareness to hopefully offset some poorer ratings. Also, I like guys with a lot of size.

My Video Game Streams
Old 09-12-2007, 09:00 PM   #3
stewaat

OVR:

My recruiting strategy is simple and can be summed up in one word...

SPEED

Can't teach it and can't defend it

Old 09-12-2007, 09:05 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
My recruiting strategy is simple and can be summed up in one word...

SPEED

Can't teach it and can't defend it
im the same way. even with my oline. cant have a slow pulling guard.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

see, i like my O-Line to be HUGE...maybe not the slowest dudes youd find but id rather have a big biscuit eatin corn-fed dude from Wisconsin (or where ever) than a slightly faster guy...then again he could be slightly smaller if he has good strength i guess..i like my line to be shaped like a brick wall tho

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2007, 06:31 AM   #6
Rookie

Smithy07's Arena

OVR: 1

with 35 options I go like this...(LSU)

1) pick any player in the top 150 who has my school 1-3 only!

2) pick any player from my state in the top 150, if they are green or not.

usually 12-20 players after these to list

3) Go to my state and pick the top players, green or not, until I'm up to 30 players....

4) Last 5 players, green or not, I pick fastest QB, ATH, HB....Last two players strongest DL, OL...Lineman...

One note: I offer scholarships to ALL players that have me first on there list,during week one, before I play or sim any games...

Started doing this on the lastest dynasty I played and signed...

#4 player overall LB, #8 player overall RB, and around 3 four star players....Before week one began...I had 5 commitments....

Was a real shocked....getting responses like, I've been waiting on this since I made varsity...
Old 09-13-2007, 06:47 AM   #7
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

I just get the best there is. Just signed the top MLB, DT, G, FB, HB, CB, and two of the top WR's. It is a good year. Playing Auburn in the SEC Championship. This is in year 5.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:30 AM   #8
MVP

Well I play with Ohio State coming off of a national championship. I play in a dynasty with a buddy who uses ND so there is a lot of guys that have us listed on both. I basically try to recruit the best of the best combined with speed and size at WR/TE. I have found that recruiting guys in the top 10 nationally are REALLY worth it as they will come in ready to play even at the biggest of schools in year 1. Last year I recruited the #1 Tackle who was #2 overall in the country. He came in as an 87 OVERALL and immediately filled my need for a RT. So basically I try to recruit the highest rated at all of the non speed/skilled positions and then look a little bit more at the attributes for WR, RB, CB, Safeties. I have found the spectacular catch rating this year to be pretty meaningful which is cool. It enables a taller slower guy to get some reps on my team that is otherwise being taken over by speed.

One thing that I noticed that is REALLY cool this year is how EA has mixed up the recruiting classes. In my first year there was a handful of fast guys, 97+ speed, but not too many 5 stars in total. In year 2 there is very little top notch speed but more 5 star guys. Since I landed my RB and 2 WRs last year with all the speed, this year I can focus more on filling the needs on all the other positions with all this top notch talent and wait till next year to look for the freaks for my offensive skilled positions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »