Home

User Running Styles

This is a discussion on User Running Styles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
User Running Styles

Everyone has their own personal set of moves they usually like to do when running the ball. I've always been a big fan of the juke and tend to use the stiff arm near the sidelines. The juke doesn't seem as good this year and I feel I can almost juke better with the L-stick than to use it but maybe my running backs aren't suited for it. I usually don't bother with the spin move although it seems pretty good this year. I rarely use the truck stick either since I'm so busy protecting the ball.

What types of moves do you favour when running the ball this year and what moves do you think are more/less effective? I'm fairly bad at running the ball this year so reading some of other people's thoughts and styles might help me improve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: User Running Styles

with how easy it is to fumble now, i usually dont use any moves, i do use stiff arm near the sidelines. the normal juke is unrealistic in this game with the 10 yard sidestep jump that you can do so i dont use that. if i get a 1v1 situation i might use the highlight stick and let the RB use his ability, Trunk/elusive juke depending on his stats.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:52 PM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm having a lot of success breaking tackles by pressing UP on the right stick when going head on against a tackler. More often than not, I'll either truck or juke the guy and break the tackle. The only time I bother with a spin move is if I'm penned against the sideline and want to cut back towards the middle of the field. Stiffarm is good if a guys is about to push me out of bounds.

I'm having more and more success running the ball, and have had 2 or 3 200 yard rushers in about 11 games this season. I'm really starting to run tosses more with my speed guys, because they actually work, unlike in years past.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:04 PM   #4
stewaat

OVR:

I truck a lot. I'm horrible at juking for some reason. I'll usually just try and find a hole and power through it.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I truck a lot. I'm horrible at juking for some reason. I'll usually just try and find a hole and power through it.
How do you find fumbles with the truck move? I rarely fumble anymore but I'm constantly covering up the ball. I saw so many fumbles early on that I don't even try to make many moves any more which has really hurt my ground game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2007, 01:10 PM   #6
stewaat

OVR:

I honestly see no difference. But now that I think about it I don't overuse it. I generally try and take on the secondary with the truck move. The stiff arm has been useless for me.

Old 09-17-2007, 01:16 PM   #7
MVP

Right up the middle like a dump truck going home with my fullback. As for halfbacks,just a little deviation(counters) and straight draws until I figure out where the trouble makers are on defense. That takes about a quarter to get that right. My 1st string halfback had fumble fingers so he went second string-got one that can handle the ball and almost anything goes being he's a speedster. So,I guess alot of it depends on how well my HB can handle things. I like mostly a running game with some screens and out to the flats-so,my game is based on the ground.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #8
MVP

Stiff arm is my biggest tool and I've become really good at switching hands at the line scrimmage so that I don't try and switch late, often resulting in a fumble. I sometimes use the spin move, usually to get from the sidelines to the middle of the field.

One thing that I either have never figured out how to use or isn't in the next gen game is the little juke. The one where the guy slows down alittle bit and gives a should shake. I loved that juke.

The only time I use the R stick is for a big juke to get to the outside. Like when I'm headed towards a pile of LBs or CBs on a dive play. I'll hit the r stick and bounce out to the sidelines. Those plays often end up with me taking it to the house.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »