Home

Which Level gives less turnovers ?

This is a discussion on Which Level gives less turnovers ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Level gives less turnovers ?
Varsity 9 20.00%
All American 19 42.22%
Heisman 17 37.78%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Which Level gives less turnovers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlguy90
All-American has some interceptions, but I haven't had any crazy games. When I throw picks, most of them are my fault, but there are always the crazy picks. My last game I did return 2 picks for TDs, but those were just dumb throws by the QB, not superhuman plays by my CBs. On All-American fumbles feel perfect to me; there seem to be just the right ammount.
What you said here is pretty interesting to me and perhaps explains why some guys are saying there's no INT issue while others are exasperated by INTs.

To me, and I imagine to a lot of others, the INT problem is that the CPU throws too many. Sliders can effectively stop the superhuman dbs but when the CPU QB keeps making dumb throws straight to my defensive guys, causing 3 or 4 ints per game, it's a problem. It seems to you, and I guess others, since a pass thrown directly to the defender SHOULD be picked, then these ints are not an issue.

I'm beginning to think people have been arguing not so much because they have different experiences with the game but because they aren't looking for the same things.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #10
stewaat

OVR:

My INT issues are a mix of dumb throws and stupid physics of the game. The latter make me upset. But hey, take away the 50% that is due to poor physics and my 20TD/21INT season looks like 20/11, a LOT better.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:56 PM   #11
Cy Young?

windseer90's Arena

OVR: 29

I just had a game on All-American today that had only 2 total turnovers, an INT by each team. Mine I ovethrew my receiver and the safety picked it off, and the CPU's was a rushed throw due to a good pass rush that play. Those both seemed like realistic interceptions. I still have to say that while All-American doesn't get rid of INTs, I feel there aren't as many of them.

(603): not only are you not the girl i fell in love with, but from the looks of it, you ate her
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2007, 07:17 AM   #12
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlguy90
I just had a game on All-American today that had only 2 total turnovers, an INT by each team. Mine I ovethrew my receiver and the safety picked it off, and the CPU's was a rushed throw due to a good pass rush that play. Those both seemed like realistic interceptions. I still have to say that while All-American doesn't get rid of INTs, I feel there aren't as many of them.
I had one where i icked off the QB 4 times in one half. Simmed the rest. Next game I picked off the QB 5 times in the game. This is on AA. I usually get 4 picks a game on AA. Granted my backfield is really good but 4 picks a game against quality opponents is crazy.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:55 AM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
To me, and I imagine to a lot of others, the INT problem is that the CPU throws too many. Sliders can effectively stop the superhuman dbs but when the CPU QB keeps making dumb throws straight to my defensive guys, causing 3 or 4 ints per game, it's a problem. It seems to you, and I guess others, since a pass thrown directly to the defender SHOULD be picked, then these ints are not an issue.
I messed around on Heisman for a little bit and I think its playable with big time tweaks for those of us that aren't that good but I did NOT see an improvement in the CPU decision making. They are just as dumb on Heisman as they are on AA (and I was playing with human def. awareness at 0). The CPU pass defense is much tougher on Heisman as well so I just gave up on that level and am sticking with AA. The cpu still throws close to 2 picks a game (give or take) and I just deal with it. I haven't tried Varsity and while it might be nice to open up the deep passing game a bit more, I just don't know if I could make the cpu offense potent enough on that level to even bother. I find they are fairly bad on AA as it is.

If you want to try Heisman, you will definately need to adjust the line blocking sliders. I would say there is roughly a 50 point slider adjustment in favour of the cpu in terms of run blocking and pass blocking compared to AA. The other big thing I noticed is that the cpu won't really drop any passes on Heisman, even with their slider at 0. Drop the cpu def. awareness to 0 and leave everything else the same as you had for AA if you want to give it a shot. Its not a big improvement and your deep passing won't exist at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »