Home

Pass Rush (HUM)

This is a discussion on Pass Rush (HUM) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2007, 10:24 PM   #1
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Pass Rush (HUM)

Has anyone found a way to get pressure on the QB with just their front 4? Im able to do so if i blitz, but i cant get any pressure on the front four, and im playing with a decent D (FSU). My LB end up leading the team in sacks (with about 5-6) while my DE and DT have 2-3 a year.

If anyone has any tricks, or ideas let me know. I have tinkered with sliders, and as i take CPU Pass Block down, it just means they throw off their back foot under pressure, not what im looking for. I dont expect 10 sacks a game, but it would be nice to see my D line disrupt play against a weaker team
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Pass Rush (HUM)

The forming of the pocket and the human pass rush is simply flawed in this game. The pass rush problems are compounded by the new finesse and power buttons as you can't really control what direction to make your move towards. The outside speed rush in non-existent in this game as well. Other than the cpu QB decision making, this probably needs the most attention for '09. Adding def. line moves to the R-stick like '06 had would be a huge improvement. Not much you can do to fix it imo other than lower cpu pass block and deal with other problems that may arrise.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

I've had some luck getting off blocks with my DE's by wiggling the L-stick instead of trying to use the shoulder buttons to power/spin because they, for the most part, don't do anything. It doesn't mean I'm having constant success getting to the QB, but it seems to help a little bit at least. If you can just get the CPU to hurry their throws, it makes a big difference. If they have all day to throw, they can really pick you apart.

I try not to bring the blitz too often because I don't want to leave anybody on an island. Just a coaching decision for me I guess, but I always seem to get burned when I bring more than a blitzer or two. I never call an all out blitz.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:49 AM   #4
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I have a really good defensive end, so I control the tackle next to him. The defense seems to try and concentrate on me more than my end so that allows him to get in good position on his blocker. When I see he has just about broken his block or right after that, I take control and chase the QB. This past season (year 5) I won the Lombardi award with that DE and had I think 14 sacks in the season with him.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 09-21-2007, 09:51 AM   #5
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

i usually take a DE on passing situations...and as soon as the ball is hiked i just do a stunt and try to get in there....i get pressure 20-30% off the time like this but if they a draw outside its big problems
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2007, 09:57 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

I think you just have to have really good DE's. I signed a 4-star DE and he had 15 sacks his freshmen year and I rarely even controlled him. In year 2, he had a little dropoff only coming up with 10 sacks and I got a couple of those. My other sophmore DE finished the year with about 9 sacks too and I never controlled him. It still needs to be fixed but at least having good ends works too.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 09-21-2007, 10:16 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Having good dlinemen is definitely the key!
Old 09-21-2007, 10:17 AM   #8
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

I wish my impact DE felt like he was actually an impact player....

My Video Game Streams

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »