Home

Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08

This is a discussion on Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 24
Re: Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Most frustrating aspects of NCAA 08?

1. The passing game.

Precision passing is a joke; ball trajectory and speed is a joke; balls hitting WR's in the face is a joke; DB's jumping routes while your WR stands in one place is a joke; and I'm sure there's a couple more jokes to be had that I'm not thinking of.

2. Playing pass defense.

You cannot play football - at least not in any meaningful, strategic way - if stopping the pass is virtually impossible. Zone or man, dime or nickel, blitz or drop nine: the CPU will complete passes at will. About the only chance to stop the pass is to get bailed out by some ridiculous interception or by the CPU throwing short of the first down.

3. Interceptions.

A lot of guys like to say that all the interceptions they throw are their fault, and that there's no real issue with user picks. Watching replays and such often shows this to be the case, I'll admit. However, most of us have been playing this franchise long enough now that we should not be throwing 15 and 20 interceptions per season with a 97 or 98 rated QB, plain and simple. Likewise, unless I've done some serious work in recruiting a DB corps with multiple guys 94+, my secondary should not be housing three and four All-Americans every year.

4. Fumbles.

Imposing a 'cover up' button is a nice idea, but let's be honest here: it sucks. Ball carriers should fumble at a rate consistent with their ratings in conjunction with the tackle rating of the guy making the hit.

5. The CPU's dumb playcalling.

As above, you cannot play football in a meaningful, strategic way if the CPU does not react to your playcalling in a meaningful, strategic way. If I'm consistently running nickel zones, why in the hell does the CPU keep passing? (Oh, wait, because they're completing all their passes - see #2). Why aren't they checking to a pass if I'm stacking the box? Why are they running the option with a pocket QB? On defense, why is it that when I run the ball successfully on five straight plays they are in pass defense when I finally mix in a throw? I'll tell you why: because this is the same playcalling engine we've been seeing for ten years.
Wonderful post, i couldn't agree more with what you wrote.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:11 PM   #10
Cy Young?

windseer90's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
Most frustrating aspects of NCAA 08?

4. Fumbles.

Imposing a 'cover up' button is a nice idea, but let's be honest here: it sucks. Ball carriers should fumble at a rate consistent with their ratings in conjunction with the tackle rating of the guy making the hit.
Are you saying there are too many or not enough? There have been very few fumbles in my dynasty and almost all of them come on big hits.

I totally agree on trying to stop the passing game... it seems I only can stop them is if I sack the QB.

(603): not only are you not the girl i fell in love with, but from the looks of it, you ate her
Old 09-23-2007, 12:13 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

The insanely slow menus and the 'freezing' between plays and such in the game, especially when it freezes for 10 seconds or so late in the game. Kind of shoots the entire nextgen smoothness thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2007, 07:09 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWOSILK
most frustrating aspect this one is a easy one 13 sacks in one game that's right the oline play in this game passing by one guy to hit someone else, or watching a blitzer while he checks out the chick in the third row with the nice rack.
Mine would the over effectiveness of the cpu's 4-man rush and the virtual ineffective of the human's.

Last edited by NoleFan; 09-23-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:14 AM   #13
Rookie

Smithy07's Arena

OVR: 1

i'll list them later, but i was so frustrated that i put some madden 08 sliders into the game...ints are down, but fumbles are decent....
Old 09-23-2007, 10:35 AM   #14
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Clipping. So tired of seeing players run through each other, especially during the play when a tackle is nullified by a super powered runningback with phasing abilities.

Lag. The freezing between play calls, hearing Nessler comment on a play as if it's happening in the moment but in reality it happened 10 seconds ago is so ridiculous.

Passing. It's really ridiculous, especially online and you have even the slightest bit of lag. Even offline, I only get lucky with lobs.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 09-23-2007, 10:40 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

I really wish they had some more oldschool run oriented playbooks. and that they didnt nueter the flexbone so badly.

Where the hell is the Maryland I?

I want Nebraska's playbook pre bill callahan.

My dream playbook

Whishbone
Power I
Maryland I
Flexbone
Full House
Power T

Maybe next year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2007, 10:48 AM   #16
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
I really wish they had some more oldschool run oriented playbooks. and that they didnt nueter the flexbone so badly.

Where the hell is the Maryland I?

I want Nebraska's playbook pre bill callahan.

My dream playbook

Whishbone
Power I
Maryland I
Flexbone
Full House
Power T

Maybe next year...
what did they take out of the Flexbone? i had fun running that formation with my Air Force dynasty, especially now with the auto-motion feature thats there. i do miss the Maryland I though. i just hope they will have custom playbook next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »