Home

Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08

This is a discussion on Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2007, 10:34 AM   #25
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
1. The passing game.

Precision passing is a joke; ball trajectory and speed is a joke; balls hitting WR's in the face is a joke; DB's jumping routes while your WR stands in one place is a joke; and I'm sure there's a couple more jokes to be had that I'm not thinking of.
This sums everything up.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2007, 06:30 PM   #26
Rookie

Smithy07's Arena

OVR: 1

Like everyone else I've been looking for the right sliders and this and that...NOTE: I tried some Madden 08 sliders for NCAA 2008 and it has kept me from bringing the game to Gamestop for $10.00...The game is great, sit there recuit, play each game, and you will be okay...I just hate when your joystick goes bad becuase you have drop or threw it down a number of times and now when you move you player to the left he goes right...
Old 09-27-2007, 07:10 PM   #27
stewaat

OVR:

Let me see if I can list things:

1. QB speed. Okay DT's shouldn't chase down my QB with 87 speed.
2. Depth chart. You are actually not allowed to put your WR's the way you want. Something doesn't let you. The obvious problems are there too.
3. Changing positions. If I put a HB at FB he shouldn't get slower. Speed shouldn't change.
4. Super AI. I'm so tired of having a ridiculous interception against me. One mistake can kill a game you've invested an hour in.
5. HUM AI vs. CPU AI. It's very difficult to find a hole against the defense but I get picked apart all day. 75% against me isn't uncommon.
6. Pride stickers. Since when is there a limit. By the way if you're gonna have them let me fill up my helmet. I'm using UNC and I can only get like 20, then it stops filling up. Not cool.
7. There are several others but I won't repeat.

Bottom line. I still play this game frequently but always have "what if" pop in my mind.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:51 PM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Let me see if I can list things:

1. QB speed. Okay DT's shouldn't chase down my QB with 87 speed.
2. Depth chart. You are actually not allowed to put your WR's the way you want. Something doesn't let you. The obvious problems are there too.
3. Changing positions. If I put a HB at FB he shouldn't get slower. Speed shouldn't change.
4. Super AI. I'm so tired of having a ridiculous interception against me. One mistake can kill a game you've invested an hour in.
5. HUM AI vs. CPU AI. It's very difficult to find a hole against the defense but I get picked apart all day. 75% against me isn't uncommon.
6. Pride stickers. Since when is there a limit. By the way if you're gonna have them let me fill up my helmet. I'm using UNC and I can only get like 20, then it stops filling up. Not cool.
7. There are several others but I won't repeat.

Bottom line. I still play this game frequently but always have "what if" pop in my mind.
I agree with most of your list. Do you play on Heisman (regarding #4 and #5)? You can get rid of the ridiculous INTs by dropping the knockdown slider.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:57 PM   #29
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

On old-gen it has to be momentum.Too many blow-outs.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:46 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just about everything that has annoyed me to no end has been listed. But just a few I want to reiterate:
- CPU pass rush vs. Human pass rush: Why is it when I sim some games my DT is dominate (like he should be, he's a 98 overall with 99 strength), but when I'm playing the game he's getting pancaked? No sliders fix this enough to make it realistic overall.
- Ball trajectory
- Menu speed
- Freezes in the game for the automatic pictures being taken, so annoying.
- Unstoppable CPU passing game on any slider sets where they at least have a chance.
- Crazy CPU passing defense and interception capabilities.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:20 AM   #31
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I don't have problems with the cpu passing game being too good or with crazy cpu interceptions (just lower the knockdown slider to 0 to help with the leaping LBs or warping DBs) for the most part on AA. My biggest beef is the cpu throwing too many interceptions. The human pass rush does stink though. The pocket needs major work next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2007, 01:09 PM   #32
Rookie

jerrell7's Arena

OVR: 1

****... for me it has got to be when u scramble out the pocket and there is a receiver 4 40 6 yards in front of u and the qb thorws to him. for some reason instead of being a quick pass, it turns into a lobs that hangs in the air for 5 secs avg, i mean way up there. It has to be one of the most WTF moment I have ever seen in NCAA 08

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »