Home

Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08

This is a discussion on Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2007, 06:11 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08

Some of the stuff i've seen here is legit, some of it can be fixed with simple slider adjustments (and yes, the sliders DO work). For me (and many others who've tried it with Madden) the fumble issue can be rectified by turning OFF the fatigue. Cut down the INT's by turning the appropriate sliders way down. I've played through two Dynasty seasons with my current sliders and have not had any issues with excessive turnovers or knockdowns. I've also only had to re-order my depth chart once in 26 games over 2 seasons, but then I don't sub alot of players often at all either. I'm quite sure I don't have some "magic" copy of the game, it's programmed exactly the same as everyone else's game.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:44 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 7

Most frustrating portion is absolutely the depth chart. I don't have problems with it auto reordering though. I just started my third year in my dynasty and the depth chart won't let me change around my wideouts. It's really a buzzkill for me right now.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:34 PM   #35
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

to many interceptions on defense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #36
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan
to many interceptions on defense
set knockdowns at 85, int at 10 and dumb cpu ints are gone. I had a K-State dynasty going and through 5 games we had 16 ints, i started over with these adjustments to my sliders and through 4 games we have 6 ints. You might get a little ticked off because now they will drop alot of ints
Old 10-02-2007, 10:10 AM   #37
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
set knockdowns at 85, int at 10 and dumb cpu ints are gone. I had a K-State dynasty going and through 5 games we had 16 ints, i started over with these adjustments to my sliders and through 4 games we have 6 ints. You might get a little ticked off because now they will drop alot of ints
I disagree about raising the knockdown slider on the next gen machines. It should be closer to 0 imo. The two sliders that matter the most though are INT and def. awareness. Quite frankly, both INT and human def. awareness need to be at 0 to help limit the cpu ints or you will see a ton. I still had 3 All-Americans in my secondary this past year playing with knockdowns, INT and hum def awareness at 0 on AA. The leader had 10 picks and all left early for the NFL despite only being rated in the mid 80s.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:33 AM   #38
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I disagree about raising the knockdown slider on the next gen machines. It should be closer to 0 imo. The two sliders that matter the most though are INT and def. awareness.
Unless this 85-10 is a magical combination. Wasn't there a 2K baseball game a while back that had a problem with passed balls. And to resolve it, you had to set one of the sliders to exactly 40 (or something like that), anything else, higher or lower did not resolve the issue?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #39
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Unless this 85-10 is a magical combination. Wasn't there a 2K baseball game a while back that had a problem with passed balls. And to resolve it, you had to set one of the sliders to exactly 40 (or something like that), anything else, higher or lower did not resolve the issue?
Yeah it was something goofy with fatigue iirc. Either way, I don't think there is any magic here. We can reduce the number of picks but its still a problem on any level. Not sure how EA didn't see this while testing/playing. I really hope at next year's community event the people invited can spend more time playing the cpu rather than each other to look for these flaws.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:42 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pike
For me, and this on the old gen version (I returned the 360 veriosn after a month) is the feeling that games are already decided for you, no matter what you do. I just had a game where I scored the winning TD from 50 yards out, only to have a holding call on me. So I run another play, that goes for 39 yards and could have set up a winning FG....but wouldn't you know it, another holding call.

I'm ready to quit on the entire lineup of EA games, just not fun on any level for me.
I agree with you totally, I didnt Get madden 08 or NCAA 08 for the 360 this year. I rented all 4 games, the 360 versions and the Xbox versions. Played more of the old Xbox versions since they had more options and were more fluid and playable. Took them all back and not one purchase for me. Until something changes I'm ready to quit on EA Sports games also and this is suppose to be next gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »