Home

Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08

This is a discussion on Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #41
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Most Frustrating Aspect of NCAA 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Yeah it was something goofy with fatigue iirc. Either way, I don't think there is any magic here. We can reduce the number of picks but its still a problem on any level. Not sure how EA didn't see this while testing/playing. I really hope at next year's community event the people invited can spend more time playing the cpu rather than each other to look for these flaws.
I am sure the Ints will be fixed in '09, but there will be something new that no slider or setting can fix. Lets see, we have already seen a version where the CPU never misses FG's. We have had versions where long passes into triple coverage are easier to complete than 2 yard passes to wide open receivers. We have had versions where running outside is money while the inside game is impossible. We have had games with exaggerated line play and wacky pancakes on both sides of the ball. This year ofcourse we had Ints.....Hmmmm, what could be next to make this fantastic game an excercise in frustration?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2007, 11:11 PM   #42
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I disagree about raising the knockdown slider on the next gen machines. It should be closer to 0 imo. The two sliders that matter the most though are INT and def. awareness. Quite frankly, both INT and human def. awareness need to be at 0 to help limit the cpu ints or you will see a ton. I still had 3 All-Americans in my secondary this past year playing with knockdowns, INT and hum def awareness at 0 on AA. The leader had 10 picks and all left early for the NFL despite only being rated in the mid 80s.
try it, it works!! int are not a problem 4 me anymore, i'm playn on the ps3 by the way, i know it sounds *** backwards but it works
Old 10-03-2007, 02:22 AM   #43
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
try it, it works!! int are not a problem 4 me anymore, i'm playn on the ps3 by the way, i know it sounds *** backwards but it works
Has anyone tried this? I have a 360 don't think it would be any different but I'll give it a shot. BTW do you set both CPU and User to these settings?
Old 10-03-2007, 03:07 AM   #44
All Star

OVR: 21

I hate that when I throw the ball, I have no idea where its going to go.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:54 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I am sure the Ints will be fixed in '09, but there will be something new that no slider or setting can fix. Lets see, we have already seen a version where the CPU never misses FG's. We have had versions where long passes into triple coverage are easier to complete than 2 yard passes to wide open receivers. We have had versions where running outside is money while the inside game is impossible. We have had games with exaggerated line play and wacky pancakes on both sides of the ball. This year ofcourse we had Ints.....Hmmmm, what could be next to make this fantastic game an excercise in frustration?
That is the most frustrating thing is that there is always something that is a GAME KILLER for the hardcore fan. On the PS2 version, its been the automatic FG's for the last 2 or 3 years. Why? Why when we have FG Accuracy slider set to 0, everything is still automatic. At 0 Accuracy, I would expect the the kicking meter to be flailing out of control like a compass in the Bermuda triangle, but no, the slider doesn't work. Its stupid. The longball problem is fixed, buy they can't fix FG's? Drives me insane.

They also turn the ball over too much if its raining. I don't mind the occassional weather induced turnover festival, but sometimes it just gets out of hand.

They took all the presentation out of the next gen games....That drives me nuts too. Why should an old gaming system have better presentation? How does that make sense? Its like driving an old Cadillac and trading it in for a new car only to realize the new car looks sporty on the outside, buts its got a 4 cylender under the hood and you've lost your heated seats...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #46
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

My kicking accuracy sliders are set to 35 and I miss 70% of my FG attempts and same with the kicker....I would like finding a happy medium though because we all know how inconsistent college kickers are.

The INT problem is such a gamekiller on so many levels.

It makes your players play well above their ratings thus boosting your teams overall defense making your weaker defense play alot tougher which is fine for when you plays teams your supposed to beat but keeps in there with elite teams despite what team you are.

It causes your INT stats to jump way up making your middle of the pack rated players All Americans and then in-turn they want to leave for the NFL early where they most likely don't get drafted (havent tested this out since I havent bought Madden).

You can be playing in a close game and then next thing you know the CPU QB throws 2 pick-6's and your on your way to a blowout. You shouldn't have to make house rules on returning INTs. Scrambling non-stop with your QB, yes, INTs-no.

Case in point. I used USF and recruited a CB that was a low 4*. He had decent ratings as a FR except he was on the slow side (85 speed). Because it was so hard to throw deep successfully and his speed always put him behind opposing WRs he would get so many INTs. He missed most of his JR year but in 4 yrs he still had around 40 Ints including games where had 3 multiple times.

To me thats what makes this game too easy in Dynasty mode.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:23 PM   #47
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
You can be playing in a close game and then next thing you know the CPU QB throws 2 pick-6's and your on your way to a blowout. You shouldn't have to make house rules on returning INTs. Scrambling non-stop with your QB, yes, INTs-no.
This is pretty much my problem. I can set sliders to play a pretty great game....untill the CPU decides to give me those two quick 'n easy TD's. I compensate by juicing up the CPU's offense, but then it becomes too difficult to stop....and the majority of CPU drives are either scores or Ints.....very few punts.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #48
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

the biggest problem i see is the fact that all players have eyes in the back of their heads and can twist their body in abnormal way to catch the ball, both off. and def. players. i cant tell you how many time i read the defense and see the DB's back and think this will be a TD, then out of no where he somehow knows the ball is coming and jumps straight up, then slides in midair toward the ball for the pick. same goes for the CPU controlled players on my team. i normally play as the DT or DE and never switch during the play.

on Heisman, the CPU QB doesnt throw alot of picks for me, i do see the CPU going for it on 4th down alot and fail. for me the CPU drives are either a score or a failed 4th down play. normally i punt twice and the CPU punts twice on average. i went 5 games in a row where the CPU never threw a pick, they fumbled alot but never threw a pick. the most INTs one player has gotten over a 4 year career was 19, and 10 were in his Fr year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »