Home

CPU vs. CPU via Super Sim (Quarter Length)

This is a discussion on CPU vs. CPU via Super Sim (Quarter Length) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2007, 09:27 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
CPU vs. CPU via Super Sim (Quarter Length)

I've found that cpu vs. cpu using super sim isn't that bad. I know that if you're just super simming defense, 7-minute quarters is good. Any idea what to use if you're super simming the entire game using the 'watch next play' option?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: CPU vs. CPU via Super Sim (Quarter Length)

I've been playing around with this for the last few days, and I would say 7 or 8 minute quarters is probably your best bet. I ran a game with 9 minute quarters, watching every play (except field goals and XP's) and the total # of plays was almost 160, which is a little high. So I ran one at 8 minute quarters and got 150 total plays, which is more realistic. You could do 7's and get 120-130.

Now don't forget to adjust the teams' coaching strategy. I bump the the CPU run % left 2 clicks (10% more toward the run), and turn aggressiveness on offense and defense down to 0 for both teams. Otherwise you'll routinely get every QB throwing for 300+ yards every game. With a better run game and lower aggressiveness, I've gotten games of 300+ and games where some QB's barely break 100 yards.
Old 09-25-2007, 04:47 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Sounds good! I ran the last game of the 2012 season like this using 7-minutes. We beat NMSU 42-41. We gain 414 yds of total offense and they had about 290. There were 130 or so plays total...not including sacks.

Going from playing as the QB to cpu vs. cpu, I need to recruit QBs with higher awareness. The Sr that played that game had a 69 and the guy who will be replacing him next season currently has a 69 awareness.

I still have the bowl game to play which I will most likely do when I get off today.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

That's why I like playing CPU vs CPU as opposed to playing games myself. The player ratings really come into play when it's CPU vs CPU. My 75 OVR QB plays like a 75 OVR when the CPU controls him, as opposed to the world-beater he can be when I'm controlling him.

Incidentally, what sliders are you using? I'm using a modified version of Jistic's sliders, but with toned down QB THA. I had to turn it down after the first 4 games when my QB was throwing 67% completions and only has 70-something THA. A 75 OVR QB shouldn't be that accurate. The first game with the turned-down accuracy, he threw barely over 50%, much more realistic. Incidentally, he also went down for 11 weeks with a torn shoulder. My backup sucks, so I'm considering moving a WR with decent THA to QB and just running the option.

I'm currently 0-5 in my first season at FIU and am not looking like I'll win a game at all this year. I can't remember the last time I did this badly, but I'm still enjoying it. Will just make it that much more satisfying when I finally start winning (if I don't get fired first). :y4:

Oh, and I also like how they've eliminated all the time in between plays and scores that has been in previous versions. It makes the games a lot shorter, and I can get more games in during each session. I got in 4 games last night when normally I can do 3 at most.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:40 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

cpu vs cpu is only on ps2 is it? and i was wondering if the 2008 ps2 version would work on my ps3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2007, 10:57 AM   #6
Pro

BhamTiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroon633
cpu vs cpu is only on ps2 is it? and i was wondering if the 2008 ps2 version would work on my ps3
True CPU vs CPU is only in current gen, but there is a work-around in next-gen. The catch is that you have to supersim the game and hit the X button to "watch next play", so you have to sit there and babysit the 360/PS3. It's not true CPU vs CPU where you can let the game run while you go do something else, but it can be entertaining whenever I have the time to sit and watch an entire game.

As for your other question, I don't know the answer. I don't have a PS3. Maybe someone else can answer that one for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »