Home

X-360 owner still buying NCAA on ps2..Opinion?

This is a discussion on X-360 owner still buying NCAA on ps2..Opinion? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2007, 07:18 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: X-360 owner still buying NCAA on ps2..Opinion?

Im loving 360 NCAA, i havent played last gen or Madden 360 in weeks. I dont have too many problems with fumbles or INTs, i dont even think im doing alot with my sliders.

My only gripe is the limited college playbooks
Old 09-24-2007, 08:10 PM   #10
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

I didn't notice any more fumble issues in ncaa 08 than there was in ncaa 07 for the ps2. The momentum is more pronounced in the ps2 version over the next gen stuff, so that could be a reason.

Me and my friends that play ncaa all have 360's, yet we do tourneys and stuff on the ps2 version. It's just a better game.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 18

I personally didn't like the ps2 version of 08. I've found there was no inside running game at all and I've read about issues in dynasty where most of the good teams are put on probation after a few years.

After endless tweaking of the PS3 version without good results, I've decided to go back and see if I can find an older ps2 version that keeps me interested. It'll be between 2004, 06 and 07. As mentionned I didn't like 08 and 03 was just a lesser version of 04 so I'm not considering those.

There's always the possibility that I'll just move on as I remember everyone of these games having certains annoying issues. 04 didn't have rotating schedules and had mid-majors becoming powerhouses in a few years. 06 had the deep ball being easier than the short oassing game and 07 had the momentum turning most games into blowouts. Still, one of those should be able to hold my interest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2007, 10:39 AM   #12
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
. 04 didn't have rotating schedules and had mid-majors becoming powerhouses in a few years. 06 had the deep ball being easier than the short passing game and 07 had the momentum turning most games into blowouts. Still, one of those should be able to hold my interest.
Nice summary of the games.

I thought the long passing game was easier than the short passing game in '04.....so when I heard it was even worse in '06, that made it a pretty easy no buy decision.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:53 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 62

I'm in the same boat, the 360 version made me sick. I have dealt with the flaws of the games over the years but this game was just pure ****.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:57 AM   #14
I love meaty chics

ac11367's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I also feel that the game has a "slow" feel to it....
I think I know why. I real life, it takes a WR/DB 2 running strides to cover almost 6 yards. For current gen NCAA 08, each stride covers a little over 2 yards. So in NCAA 08, it does take longer for a runner to get from one 5 yards indicator to the next one, thus the slowness.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:09 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
I thought the long passing game was easier than the short passing game in '04.....so when I heard it was even worse in '06, that made it a pretty easy no buy decision.
In spite of that I think 06 on XBOX is the one I enjoyed the most with 04 a close second. It wasn't the most realistic by any means but it wasn't marred by the issues of 07. A game could turn around even if it was 21-0 at the half. You could run inside and outside, as could the CPU. Impact players put fear into you as they were a bit overpowered.

The downside is games could turn into bombfests. But even the bombfests sometimes had a way of drawing you in as it was back and forth and very tight. It may not be all that realistic but it beat the heck out of having the CPU throwing 4+ passes directly to your defenders every game. It was fun which the nextgen versions sadly haven't been.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2007, 11:34 AM   #16
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Nice summary of the games.

I as I said in another thread, I went back and bought all the Xbox versions in the last week or so.

The downsides, IMO...

'03: Blah. Player models are huge and the game plays very slow. CPU offense was very poor, rarely ran the ball. Low QB completion % cept when Robo-QB was on the loose.

'04: Non-rotating schedule in dynasty. Passing game is too easy. Drags, button hooks and post patterns are money plays. Game plays very slow. CPU offense was improved but still not potent enough. Low QB completion % cept when Robo-QB was on the loose. The option and scrambling QB's were too effective, recruiting was way too easy. Mid-majors became powerhouses (North Texas and Midd Tenn State) and powerhouses turned to crap. Still, the game was fun as hell.

'05: The first "new school" NCAA. The debut of superman LB's and DB's. On Xbox there's the awful slow-down on running plays. Down-field passing was very difficult on higher levels. CPU offense finally got a kick in the rear, the CPU running game was improved. Momentum and HFA lead to some crazy games and ruined quite a few. This game only lasted about three weeks in my Xbox.

'06: On Xbox, too many dropped passes. Down-field passing still an issue. Superman defenders are still prevalent but toned down from '05. Again, this game didn't last long in my Xbox. Pretty much had given up on the NCAA series at this point.

'07
: Deep ball is way too easy. A good game, many issues resolved from '05 and '06. Momentum and HFA seemed to be more in check but still got outta hand at times. Finally played multiple years in dynasty mode for the first time since '04. Recruiting is more realistic/difficult. Can't rake in 20+ five-star guys anymore.

'08
: Pretty damn good so far. The AI for CPU-controlled DB's is pretty bad on default but I think I've got it figured out w. sliders. Blocking on certain run plays and blockers picking up a blitz is still awful, but I guess it wasn't meant to be on this gen.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »