Home

NCAA '06 XBOX Backwards Compatibility Test

This is a discussion on NCAA '06 XBOX Backwards Compatibility Test within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5
NCAA '06 XBOX Backwards Compatibility Test

I am just curious if anyone had tried playing their ncaa '06 on their 360 or if there is already a post on this. Everything looks great, except on-the-field play is slowing down horribly. I am talking slow-motion until the play ends, which is making it unplayable. In-game replays, cut-scenes, are great but each play slows down to a halt! Anyone else have this issue or is just me? I am curious. Again if there is already a post on this, if someone could direct me that would be cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA '06 XBOX Backwards Compatibility Test

I haven't tried this yet, but would like to know how it works out.
Old 09-26-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah, the graphics, uni's, cutscenes look wonderful, but I am having super lag during plays, which is ruining the gameplay. I want to make sure it is not my disk or if this was a reported issue.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:18 PM   #4
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6

Yea i went and bought this the other day..3.99 and im loving it awhole lot more then madden right now..the gameplay is still good, the cutscenes graphics(other then the crowd and sidelines, which im a stickler for) also look good but the game was very slow at first to me, i think the reason it feels so slow is becuase madden and ncaa are just so much faster, but once you get into the game you feel it out and i don;t think its any lag. happy gaming
Old 09-27-2007, 03:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yep, I noticed that too. During a play, the action will slow and after the pass is completed, the game sorta' catches up speed-wise. I still have the original x-box, I put in '06 and everything ran as usual. Something must have happened during the backwards transfer. It's playable, the graphics look sweet, but it runs better on the original.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mymaq
Yep, I noticed that too. During a play, the action will slow and after the pass is completed, the game sorta' catches up speed-wise. I still have the original x-box, I put in '06 and everything ran as usual. Something must have happened during the backwards transfer. It's playable, the graphics look sweet, but it runs better on the original.
Sounds like an emulation issue. Maybe they'll make it better in the next BC update. They tweak the emulator for certain games sometimes.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:14 AM   #7
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaselineBakes
Yea i went and bought this the other day..3.99 and im loving it awhole lot more then madden right now..the gameplay is still good, the cutscenes graphics(other then the crowd and sidelines, which im a stickler for) also look good but the game was very slow at first to me, i think the reason it feels so slow is becuase madden and ncaa are just so much faster, but once you get into the game you feel it out and i don;t think its any lag. happy gaming
Picked this up for $4 as well at Gamestop in Buffalo (north of the border EB sells this for $20-$24-NUTS!!!). This is still one of my fav. college football games, certainly better than 08. I find most Xbox originals simply play better on the black box, period. It's still playable though. Maybe clear the 360 cache because for me the game is not as slow as you describe.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #8
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah, I picked up the game and it's my football game to play for the year over the "next-gen" offerings. Funny how Div. 1-AA teams have alternate uniforms in the game and there are no alt. unis in 08 let alone D 1AA teams. Good grief!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »