Home

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

This is a discussion on Is there something I'm doing wrong? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2007, 11:41 AM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
LOL, i understand what you mean... although I am considering playing another dynasty for the heck of it. I only wish I had the issues of losing to the CPU like others do. I pretty much have to house rule out everything that works to get a good game which sucks. I have 9 house rules at the present time... ridiculous that EA can't test their stuff and make product better.
I have no problem losing although my team is doing well right now. I blew a 21-7 lead at Arkansas but when down 27-21 with 1:00 to go I was able to use the hurry up and score a TD with no time left to win 28-27. My receiver made a great one handed catch from about 10 yards out for me. It was my #5 greatest game with a score just over 1000. I think I'm 5-0 to start this year with two 1-point victories. #1 Florida is up next on the schedule though. How many great game scores do you have over 1000?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #10
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
LOL, i understand what you mean... although I am considering playing another dynasty for the heck of it. I only wish I had the issues of losing to the CPU like others do. I pretty much have to house rule out everything that works to get a good game which sucks. I have 9 house rules at the present time... ridiculous that EA can't test their stuff and make product better.
i dont have any set house rules that i know of, but i use the ask corso feature on both offense and Defense. i try not to use the same play twice on a drive, except the basic running plays like a dive or lead block.

doing that pinch blitz doesnt seem to work for me, the QB just throws it to a TE or WR and its usually a TD when he breaks 1-4 tackles or uses the crazy 10 foot sidestep juke that EA has. most of my sacks are through the outside where i blitz a safety or OLB and it clears my DE for the wide open sack. never had more than 5 in a game though that i can remember.

my biggest problem is the fact that all of the players have eyes in the back of there heads or have some kind of motion tracker to tell them the ball is coming. i cant tell you how many time i read the play perfect only to have a LB or DB turn around, jump up, and slide across the field as if they have jump jets to deflect or INT. it pretty much ruin my Texas Tech dynasty and i stopped playing it. another problem is the fact that all of my WR are just dumb and can run their routes at all. its an out not a post where the heck are you going!?!? i barely ever hot route the WR because i can only imagine it would get worse. that and the fact that my QB always throw behind the WR no matter how i throw the ball. precision passing seems to work in practice when the D is not there, but as soon as the D get put back on, doesnt work at all for me.

but i am having alot of fun playing with MTSU, so ill stay with them.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:08 PM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
my biggest problem is the fact that all of the players have eyes in the back of there heads or have some kind of motion tracker to tell them the ball is coming. i cant tell you how many time i read the play perfect only to have a LB or DB turn around, jump up, and slide across the field as if they have jump jets to deflect or INT. it pretty much ruin my Texas Tech dynasty and i stopped playing it.
They definately need to implement true head tracking next year. If you turn down the knockdown slider it really helps eliminate the super LB leap or the DB "warp across the field" to the ball occurences. With knockdowns at 0, you will never see it anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2007, 01:29 PM   #12
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
They definately need to implement true head tracking next year. If you turn down the knockdown slider it really helps eliminate the super LB leap or the DB "warp across the field" to the ball occurences. With knockdowns at 0, you will never see it anymore.
i have both CPU and Human at 0, but on Heisman it still happens. but i dont see it alot so its not going to kill the game overall, just make me mad.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:48 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17

well the original poster was using ohio state and their DBs are VERY good so putting them into man to man defense on every play with no help is no big deal.

at lunch I decided to play the game again with my michigan dynasty. I am in year 4 with them and I have cut every single original player off the team so that I only have my guys. (so i have zero SRs on the team). anyways, I played a quarter with no house rules just to verify my statements i made earlier and I was up 42-7 and had broken the receiving yards record for a game with my HB all in the first quarter..... I think if I play another dynasty, I will take an average to horrible school and use about a dozen house rules. Hopefully I wont stumble onto too many other broken tactics after that and have a semi-fun time.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:24 PM   #14
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
well the original poster was using ohio state and their DBs are VERY good so putting them into man to man defense on every play with no help is no big deal.

at lunch I decided to play the game again with my michigan dynasty. I am in year 4 with them and I have cut every single original player off the team so that I only have my guys. (so i have zero SRs on the team). anyways, I played a quarter with no house rules just to verify my statements i made earlier and I was up 42-7 and had broken the receiving yards record for a game with my HB all in the first quarter..... I think if I play another dynasty, I will take an average to horrible school and use about a dozen house rules. Hopefully I wont stumble onto too many other broken tactics after that and have a semi-fun time.
Wow. It would appear as if I really suck at this game. I've played 4 seasons with Michigan and I've never gone undefeated while playing on AA on my 360. I have had 1 1-loss season and 2 2-loss seasons so I'm certainly doing well. If I were as good at the game as Soce, it would really suck. Thankfully I'm not so instead I'm having an absolute BLAST playing this game.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Wow. It would appear as if I really suck at this game. I've played 4 seasons with Michigan and I've never gone undefeated while playing on AA on my 360. I have had 1 1-loss season and 2 2-loss seasons so I'm certainly doing well. If I were as good at the game as Soce, it would really suck. Thankfully I'm not so instead I'm having an absolute BLAST playing this game.
I hear ya... its not about being as good as it is about recognition of what the computer is doing pre-snap and taking advantage of it. If you play on heisman you have to do this because if they show blitz pre-snap and you don't, you will eat the ball almost every time. I posted earlier a play or 2 to break the CPU on defense, here is how you can break every passing record to your HB in the first quarter of a game.

Come out in Ace Twin TE WR and call the TE Option play. Out of ace if they are in a 4-3 or 3-4 its easy to see if they are in man. If they are in man motion the HB to the left towards the 2 WR side and hot route to an OUT route. The WRs will clear the zone and the LB will not have the speed to keep up with him if you are using a good/decent team. If your RB is 95+ speed you can easily get over 1,000 receiving yards with this player in a game if you want to. If they are in zone the play still works but I would have to go into more detail about different looks and different reads. I have called this play and this play alone with different motion and hot routes for an entire game just because I was lazy. It is simply unstoppable against the CPU unless the CPU front can beat a block and sack you quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #16
MVP

throw in the PA stretch and go out of the same formation against man to man when on the left hash mark, run the other play when on the right hash mark..... you will own every school record by week 4 and never want to play again..... if you don't want to break the game don't listen to anything i am telling you. if you think the game is too hard and want help, learn these few plays and dominate the CPU.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »