Home

Win it all yet? Dynasty updates

This is a discussion on Win it all yet? Dynasty updates within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2007, 11:55 AM   #73
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Win it all yet? Dynasty updates

I'm in year 5 of my LSU dynasty. I'm having a blast playing in the SEC. I love the competition there and I love having a conference championship game. That game can make you scream a torrent of explitives for being forced to play such a ******** game and it can also make you praise all that is holy by having the priveledge of getting to play such a great game. I found both of these in my first 2 years.

2007:
Went 12-0 and was ranked #1 in the country as the only undefeated team. I had beaten Florida earlier and faced them in the SEC championship game. My offense valiantly tried to keep up with Tebow and the rest of Florida's offense, but my defense was completely outmatched this time around. I lost and no NC for me, simply because I had to played that damned championship game against a team I had already beaten.
My dejected team was too let down and phoned in their bowl game. I ended the season 12-2

2008:
I went 11-1 with my only loss being against Florida. Final rankings were as follows:
(BCS, Coaches, Media polls)
(#1, #1, #1) Texas, 12-0
(#2, #2, #2) Ohio State, 12-0
(#3, #4, #4) Florida, 11-1
(#4, #3, #3) Wake Forest, 12-0
(#5, #5, #5) LSU, 11-1
Texas was bitten by the conference championship game this year as they lost. BCS #3 Fla played BCS #5 LSU and BCS #4 WF played a 6-6 VT team. I knew that the SEC winner would go to the National Championship. I beat Florida in a nail biter, and sure enough, I leapfrogged WF in the BCS to finish #2 and get invited to the NC. Interestingly enough, undefeated WF was #2 in both polls, but due to strength of schedule, I was #2 in the BCS. I beat OSU to win the National Championship. WF won their bowl and finished with every first place vote in the Media poll to get a split championship, but I got the pretty trophy to put into my case.
If I didn't get to play the SEC championship game, I never would've been able to play for the national championship. I was behind WF going into it, and then I played my self into the NC thanks to the glorious conference championship game!

2009:
I went 11-3, but won the SEC.

2010:
I went 11-2, and didn't even win the SEC West.

2011:
I'm 2-0 so far and ranked #4, and this is by far, my best team ever. Anything less than a Championship will be a let down, but it wouldn't be surprising considering I'll have to beat #23 Boise State, #17 TCU, #12 Auburn, #10 Alabama, #20 Tennessee, #15 Arkansas, and I'll have to beat #3 Florida twice. Assuming I go to the conference championship game and I play a ranked team in a bowl game, I'll play 9 ranked teams this year. I can't wait!

I'm looking forward to a great and very fun season.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 11-16-2007 at 12:03 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:26 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 25

Eastern Michigan dynasty UPDATE

5th year
2007: 11-3 w/ Motor City Bowl win
2008: 11-3 w/ Motor City Bowl win
2009: 14-0 w/ Motor City Bowl + #7 in final BCS standings
2010: 12-2 w/ Motor City Bowl win
2011: 1-0 so far

YPSILANTI MICHIGAN-
After another year of dominating the hapless MAC, EMU got a Big Ten invite replacing Purdue. A few top 15 recruiting classes have brought up EMU from #119 just 5 years ago to receiving votes in the USA Today coaches poll. Despite being easily the best team in the MAC with a B- overall rating, EMU is now a bottomfeeder in the Big Ten. Only time can tell if Coach Ghettoshark can lead Eastern to Big Ten glory.

Personal Long-Term Goals:
Get a BCS bowl game
Get a Big Ten invite DONE
Become 6-star prestige

Last edited by Ghettoshark; 11-19-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:33 AM   #75
All Star

LiquidCrash's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm in year 5 of my LSU dynasty. I'm having a blast playing in the SEC. I love the competition there and I love having a conference championship game. That game can make you scream a torrent of explitives for being forced to play such a ******** game and it can also make you praise all that is holy by having the priveledge of getting to play such a great game. I found both of these in my first 2 years.
I'm right there with you on this point. Most of the time I love this game, but every now and then it just frustrates the heck out of me.

In my North Carolina dynasty, I'm in 2011, 5-1 record, ranked #5 in the country. Lost a tough game at Georgia Tech by a field goal because we couldn't hold onto the ball. Just played a Thursday night game at Clemson, winning a shootout 38-34 after trailing by 10 going into the 4th quarter.

Year 1 we went 10-3, I think winning the Peach bowl. A little better than I expected.
Year 2 we slipped back to 8-5, getting smacked in Peach Bowl this time.
Year 3, 12-2, won the ACC title and Orange Bowl over West Virginia.
Year 4, 14-0 national champs. Won a bunch of games on the last possession, every thing just went right.

Now in year 5, going to need some help to get back into the title game. Not sure it's going to happen again, I haven't gotten any consistency out of this team yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2007, 04:59 PM   #76
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitkamp94
I'm working on the 1-6* achievement with the Buffalo Bulls. I simulated the first season, (I dont know why I just always like to get some of my recruits in there) and went 4-8. After that year we were asked to leave the MAC and were replaced by Navy which gave us independant status and a lot of flexibility with the schedule. I've played every other game and I'm now in year 5 and up to 3* status here is a recap of years 2-5.

year 2 9-4 losses to ND, LSU, Syracuse and South Carolina, beat Mizzou in the Emerald Bowl. Key wins over Rutgers, Pitt. Oregon State , Va Tech and Ole Miss

year 3 7-5 w/ losses to Syracuse, Rutgers, ND, Fresno State and Michigan State. no bowl. Key wins over Pitt, Washington, and Kentucky

year 4 10-3 w/losses to Syracuse, Nebraska and Fresno State in the Emerald Bowl. Key wins over ND(finally) WV, Rutgers, Pitt, Florida State and a # 11 North Carolina squad.
After the season we were invited to C-USA
Year 5 2-0 with our first win over rival Syracuse and a win @ Va-Tech.

I finished year 5 with a 12-2 record losing to #1 Auburn and to ND We beat Georgia a 6-6 Georgia squad 45-7 in the Liberty Bowl. After the season we accepted an invite to the ACC replacing Duke.
Currently 3-0 in year 6 with wins over #24 Arizona, # 22 Boise State. and our first ACC game against NC State.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:11 PM   #77
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

I play all-american sliders, 7 min quarters (will post if wanted)

GEORGIA BULLDOGS DYNASTY:

Year 2007: Lost 1st game of season to Oklahoma St., and went on to win every game after that, including SEC Championship over Alabama (Saban wishes), went to BCS NC Game against Michigan where they got a early lead 21-0 and I fought back to tie 21-21, only to loose control in 4th quarter and get beat 45-21. My TE got over 100 passes for 1800 yards, and 20 tds, won best TE and Heisman Trophy.

Got top 5 recruiting class( let cpu recruit), and preseason #3.

Year 2008: Started season on a bang offensively and defensively, never had a great game like this, 1st season struggled in almost all my wins except against cupcake teams. Have to put UGA vs. GA Tech game for first game of season since EA dropped ball on scheduling this rivalry last game of season like in real life. End up winning 60-0, had 4 INT , 3 for TD's, Started first offensive play of 2008 with a Knowshown Moreno 80 yard run( my personal best run), just everything clicking, and I only had 1 TO, my fault, bad pass. Got @ Arizona St., @ south Carolina, and @ LSU coming up, should be a real test of top 3 ranking.
@ Arizona St. - They took a early lead, and I played catch up all game to beat them with a last second FG 45-42, my 2nd espn classic in dynasty.
@ South Carolina - My Dominating defense, and my big scoring offense behind moreno and stafford, won 35-7
@ LSU - They are sucking in my dynasty in 2007 and now 2008, beat them 42-21.

Currently 4-0, #3 in the country, and some home games coming up...........

Last edited by Hunkerdown; 11-24-2007 at 11:42 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:42 AM   #78
Banned

OVR: 28

I have the troy trojans, in my first year we are 7-0! I am using a good heisman slider set and it has been a struggle every single game. I was down 31-17 to florida midway through the 3rd quarter, and with the help of austin silvoy and cattouse I came back, (with a couple of repeating cheezer plays) Against OK st It was a nail biter, 3 OT's that ended with a 25 yrd td run by hougabook. So we are doin good. Defense cant do crap against the pass or run so it was a shoot out every game. Especially against florida. Tebow is a beast. And I look forward to gettin bet against georgia.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:10 AM   #79
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Year 2 is in the book and a successful year it was for the UL Monroe Warhawks.

Went 10-3 (7-1) on the season with a drubbing of Tulsa in the Houston Bowl. Lost out on the WAC title due to my head to head loss to Fresno State. Finished the season ranked #22 in the Coahes Poll and #20 in the AP Poll.

The team also garnered its share of awards. Freshman CB Tyrell Harrell would join fellow defensives backs James Truxillo and Josh Thomponson on the All-American list as well as old Robert Thomas. Frank Goodin would be the lone representative on the offensive side of the ball as he set UL Monroe's single season and career rushing touchdown numbers. James Truxillo would also claim the Jim Thorpe Award, keeping the trophy in the family.

Other players who performed well: QB Kinsome Lancaster came into his own later in the year passing the ball, and even pulling off a couple of 80 yard touchdown runs while setting the single season passing yards record at UL Monroe. WR LaGregory Sapp would benefit as he lead the team with over 1100 receiving yards on 85 receptions. Both were single season records for the Warhawks.

Going into recruiting I nabbed two defensive backs that'll add a lot of speed to the secondary, unfortunately one will be receiver a redshirt. I've got to get some speed in my wide receivers (these 2* recruits are killing me) and I may have found my future star QB. A 3* pocket passer that came in at a 78 overall will be redshirting.

The step up to 3* in prestige has gotten me in better with a few higher rated prospects and I'll definately need it if I'm going to replace 2 of 3 starting LBs, 3 DEs, my Thorpe Award Winning FS, and at least one CB. Going to be interesting to see how this season goes. I'm predicted to finish 4th in the WAC behind the likes of Boise St (who appears to have a stacked squad), Hawaii, and Fresno St.

My Video Game Streams
Old 11-27-2007, 09:16 AM   #80
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

I just started my 6th season with MTSU. The first four seasons, I won low end bowl games, but last season I took down USC in the Rose Bowl. I then got a coveted invite to the SEC, so I thought this would be the year that I play for a BCS National Title. I started the season ranked #21 and took down #15 UCLA. Then I scheduled my rival, North Texas, and whooped on them. Then my first SEC contest of my career against LSU was horrendous as I lost 51-21. I then answered back with a win against #14 Penn State. Next up is #17 Auburn, so it looks like this season is going to be a gauntlet. I'm guessing an undefeated season will be what it takes for me to play for the title, so maybe next year...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »