Home

Win it all yet? Dynasty updates

This is a discussion on Win it all yet? Dynasty updates within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2007, 01:26 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Win it all yet? Dynasty updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Never thought of that. I'm going to save a second backup file next time just to make sure I don't lose my team.
Yeah I save every single week (usually I name it Iowa071, which means year 07, week 1)

With the huge amount of memory, I don't have to worry about the space.

I would save each end of the season week on the ps2 to look back at the stats, awards, etc.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:39 AM   #34
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
My RB had 1600 yards and 31 TD's though to break the record for rushing TD's for my team. He was only a sophomore and is now a Heisman candidate for the start of the 2013 season. In my first game vs. Houston he ran 40 times for 240 yards and 2 TD's. He is 96 overall with 90 trucking and 99 elusiveness. I am just going to run the crap outta him this season.
True to my word after 3 games he has 700 yards and 11 TD's. Against ranked UCLA he had 25 rushes for 220 yards and 4 TD's, and against Army he had another 240 yards and 3 TD's. My offensive line is not that great (compared to what it's been, I actually have a 78 rating at RT) but I do have a true full back this year who is a great blocker. It helps a lot because I run a lot of lead plays and the FB is usually always responsible for the LB. I have had two 70+ yard runs already this year because my FB took out a LB and then chipped a safety. I have never been able to run like this. Just like last season when I had a stud WR and was able to throw all over the field now it's the complete opposite. Probably the main reason I keep coming back year after year, the variety with just one team is fantastic.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:57 AM   #35
Rookie

tedknick's Arena

OVR: 4

Year 1: Pittsburgh (11-2), Gator Bowl win over Va Tech.
Year 2: Pittsburgh (12-1), Orange Bowl win over ND
Year 3: Penn St. (12-1), NC, beat USC at the Rose Bowl. I trailed by 17 with 2 minutes left in the second quarter.
Year 4: Penn St. (11-2), Citrus Bowl win over Tenn.

I played most of the first season on Varsity so that I could learn the xbox controls. Season 2 I had the diffuculty reset on me, so about half of that one was on Varsity.

Interesting note, I did not win the Big Ten title the year I won the NC. I kicked 4 game winning FG's in Year 4, that team could have easily been 7-6.

I am currently 1-0 and ranked #5 in Year 5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2007, 09:29 AM   #36
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
thats a good reason to save each year as a different dynasty file. i have been doing this for my last dynasty, mainly so i can go back and look at previous season stats and see who won the NC, but now i see something like this could happen i got another reason to do so.
Yeah, I do the same every year..After my bowl game or last game of the year I just save the file before moving onto the next yr...it's great if you keep a dynasty thread on here or another site...
Old 10-23-2007, 03:57 PM   #37
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
True to my word after 3 games he has 700 yards and 11 TD's. Against ranked UCLA he had 25 rushes for 220 yards and 4 TD's, and against Army he had another 240 yards and 3 TD's. My offensive line is not that great (compared to what it's been, I actually have a 78 rating at RT) but I do have a true full back this year who is a great blocker. It helps a lot because I run a lot of lead plays and the FB is usually always responsible for the LB. I have had two 70+ yard runs already this year because my FB took out a LB and then chipped a safety. I have never been able to run like this. Just like last season when I had a stud WR and was able to throw all over the field now it's the complete opposite. Probably the main reason I keep coming back year after year, the variety with just one team is fantastic.
Well the season is over and Heisman winner RB Vincent Powell rewrote the record books. He had 350 rushes for 2100 yards and 41 rushing TD's and set the record for NCAA rushing TD's in a season, and NCAA rushing TD's in a career. I finished 13-0 with wins vs. #5 Oklahoma, #6 Nebraska, and #10 Texas...and ended up playing 13-0 Northern Illinois while Notre Dame and Florida got to play for the National Championship. Notre Dame crushed them and won back to back NC's.

So after 7 seasons I stepped down as coach of A&M and was promptly hired by Georgia. We won 2 NC's, 5 Big 12 Championships and had two truly phenomenal players in WR Drew Pace and HB Powell. My record was in the area of 80-10. It was a great run and Kyle Field moved up to #1 on the toughest places to play list due to the overwhelming fan support.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
In my 4th season with TCU, w/ default Heisman sliders.

I play half of the games each year (my choice which) plus championship/bowl games and supersim the other half. I feel like this will ensure I've really built a team before I can start winning titles, because my B TCU squad will get smoked with regularity on supersim against good teams and lose every now and then to teams that aren't very good.

2007: 9-4
2008: 11-2 --> Big XII
2009: 10-3
2010: Currently 5-0 and ranked #13, but have a rough second half of the season ahead. I will probably lose 2-4 games because I will have to supersim a couple tough games. I think I've played 3 of my 5 games which means I will have to supersim 4 of the last 7 (OSU and OU are two of them).
As predicted, I lost 4 of my last 7 games and finished 9-4, losing a star of prestige and dropping out of the top 25 to finish out 2010.

2011: 7-1. I came out and worked my way into the the top 20 before losing to A&M on the road. I then got #1 Texas at my house and despite 3 INT's, was able to pull off the upset and move back into the top 25. I'm ranked #13 now.

The end of this year could go either way. I get to play most of the rest of the games, but the Big XII South is brutal (worst team = 6-2 Texas Tech). I will need some help to win the division.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:54 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 12

On another note - has anyone seen this? In my dynasty, the Boise State Broncos have one of the top 25 toughest places to play... I wondered why and then saw that they have won 68 GAMES IN A ROW at home. Holy crap.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:05 PM   #40
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
On another note - has anyone seen this? In my dynasty, the Boise State Broncos have one of the top 25 toughest places to play... I wondered why and then saw that they have won 68 GAMES IN A ROW at home. Holy crap.
In my Michigan dynasty (which lasted less than 4 years) I saw it happen. In year 4 I scheduled a game there just so I could break their streak. Strangely enough, Ohio State and USC scheduled a home and home series starting in year 2 (or maybe) 3 of every dynasty I've tried. OSU took care of USC's home winning streak in those dynasties.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »