Home

NCAA 08 Feed Back Poll #1 Whats the most important area for NCAA09

This is a discussion on NCAA 08 Feed Back Poll #1 Whats the most important area for NCAA09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What should be the main area of focus for NCAA09?
GAME PLAY 174 58.19%
ONLINE 9 3.01%
PRESENTATION 116 38.80%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #49
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA 08 Feed Back Poll #1 Whats the most important area for NCAA09

I voted for gameplay because it's quite simple for me:

With the gameplay the way it is, no amount of eye-candy is gonna make the game better.

Other than the INT issue, there's a host of other problems that need to be solved. Here's a couple:

1) The CPU defensive AI vs. the option
Just like last year and the year before, there are certain ways to run the option that are just flat out unstoppable. The only way to truly fix it is to to neuter the running game so badly that even Darren McFadden can't run the ball. You shouldn't have to turn Steve Slaton into Wimpy in order to keep Pat White from being Superman.

2) The CPU's propensity to use 95% outside runs and 5% inside runs and the post-snap CPU running back AI
I'm sick and tired of seeing the CPU HB use every special move, IN SEQUENCE. When the CPU runs the option, the QB CUTS UPFIELD. What a concept. The CPU HB would rather spin, juke, spin, hurdle, stiff-arm, juke, spin, hurdle, and run out of bounds for a 4-yard loss. I shouldn't have to up CPU RBA so far that it's like tackling a human Superball when all that is required is to have the CPU HB run FORWARD.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:06 PM   #50
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
The problem is DEFENSIVE AI is way too strong in the passing game for both the Human and CPU players. Every secondary plays like they are All Pros and the deep passing game is virtually non existant due to unrealistic awareness and breaking ability of DBs and LBs.
I agree. The more I play, the more I feel like I have very little control on the outcome on the field in the passing game. I know the company line around here is to say that the CPU throws too many INT's, while Human INT's are all the user's fault....but I have issue with some of my picks as well. I make plenty of bad reads on my own to lose, so when I actually do make a good read, and the CPU LB or DB makes some super human play to pick it off, it is irratating. It often feels like I can do whatever, but ulitmately the CPU decides if it wants to pick it off or let me catch it.

I am very reluctant to throw anything over the middle. And there are other routes I steer clear of like hooks that seem doomed to fail.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:11 PM   #51
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I agree. The more I play, the more I feel like I have very little control on the outcome on the field in the passing game. I know the company line around here is to say that the CPU throws too many INT's, while Human INT's are all the user's fault....but I have issue with some of my picks as well. I make plenty of bad reads on my own to lose, so when I actually do make a good read, and the CPU LB or DB makes some super human play to pick it off, it is irratating. It often feels like I can do whatever, but ulitmately the CPU decides if it wants to pick it off or let me catch it.

I am very reluctant to throw anything over the middle. And there are other routes I steer clear of like hooks that seem doomed to fail.
Thank you.

The INT problem is not unique to the CPU. People are too quick to say "oh, it's my fault" when in reality, many human INT's are the result of poor programming, not poor hand/eye coordination.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2007, 03:18 PM   #52
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I also agree with the Gameplay folks. It's almost unplayable because the moves made by defenders are physically impossible. This is what causes the interceptions. No amount of upgrading the Presentation can make me overlook the turnover issue.

I just finished playing as Oregon against AZ State. I won 13-7 but Carpenter had 5 interceptions and 2 fumbles for the Sun Devils. It was a fun game but the turnovers are just ridiculous and it takes away from the joy of winning.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:21 PM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
Thank you.

The INT problem is not unique to the CPU. People are too quick to say "oh, it's my fault" when in reality, many human INT's are the result of poor programming, not poor hand/eye coordination.
Of course it's not. It's the code. I can have real low INT games, but if you want to go downfield at ALL, you're rolling the dice against robo DB's.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:23 PM   #54
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Of course it's not. It's the code. I can have real low INT games, but if you want to go downfield at ALL, you're rolling the dice against robo DB's.
Throwing downfield is actually cake, even with the DB AI, when you compare it to throwing an 8-yard square in...

I love LB's with 10-foot verticals.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:36 PM   #55
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
Throwing downfield is actually cake, even with the DB AI, when you compare it to throwing an 8-yard square in...
The short passing game has always been difficult in this series. My favorite was '04, but that passing game had issues too. Way too many drops to wide open recievers on 3 yard routes, yet in the 4th quarter, it was too easy to lob the 40 yard pass with perfect touch into double coverage for the big gain. I didn't throw deep too often, but when I had to late in the game it felt cheesy.....and it subconciously bothered me knowing that if I really wanted to win, the most effective strategy would have been to run deep post patterns all game...as opposed to a more realistic strategy of running the ball and short-mid range passes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2007, 08:21 PM   #56
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
The problem is DEFENSIVE AI is way too strong in the passing game for both the Human and CPU players. Every secondary plays like they are All Pros and the deep passing game is virtually non existant due to unrealistic awareness and breaking ability of DBs and LBs.

If that were fixed...along with MUCH better deep ball physics..i.e. "the ability to put touch on passes" this game would be absolutely brilliant gameplay wise.
Totally agree. Its this one issue which really holds this game back but its a big issue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »