Home

Computer = Amazing

This is a discussion on Computer = Amazing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2007, 03:02 PM   #9
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Computer = Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnike2livx
Seriously, I turned the difficulty up from Varsity to All-American and now the computer is absolutely insane on defense. On Varsity I would beat teams by like 50 and now on AA that is definitely not the case. Granted, I am not playing with the best team but still, I throw about 7 interceptions a game and my guys fumble it like every other play. I have one on one coverage with my guy completely beating the CB and magically they jump up and intercept it. It happens all the time. Does this happen to anyone else/is anyone else annoyed by this?
On default AA, I definitely see what you're saying. After some major slider adjustments, I have finally found the right mix of sliders to give me much better games. I'm using Florida International in a Dynasty and I'm seeing some pretty good results with these sliders. I simmed the first season and recruited and I'm actually playing in season 2. After 4 games, I'm 3-1 with the following scores:

FIU 27 - Louisville 24 (OT)
FIU 20 - Buffalo 17
Florida 45 - FIU 22
FIU 31 - Army 17

Send me a PM and remind me and when I get home from work, I'll send you my sliders and let you see what you think.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:15 PM   #10
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

I play default heisman after spending the first 2 months adjusting sliders, and I am so glad I manned up and went back to the way things used to be. I never used sliders until about 2 years ago. I have been having greatest game after greatest game. In my last game I tried out the dynasty matchup of OSU and Mich ST. The final score was 24-20 OSU(me). I threw 3 picks and the CPU had 2 fumbles O int. I have really been enjoying 08 the last 3 weeks. I really had to kinda relearn the passing game. I belive that this is really the main difference in the game as far as user control. I takes much less pressure and leading of passes in this years game. Ive noticed that alot of times in the past, I would do to much to a pass that only needed velocity. The best way to describe it would be that the next gen games seem to need much less slamming of analogs and buttons and more skill and finesse.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:55 PM   #11
Rookie

infablak's Arena

OVR: 10

To the guy above me, i couldn't say it better my friend. I TOTALLY AGREE!!! It took me A MONTH to get use to the passsing, but once i figured it out, oh my gosh its crazy.. and plus i've switch from going with a scrambling QB, to a balanced or Pocket passer, which shows how committed I am to passing now. Once you master it, you love it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2007, 12:40 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks to everyone's insight on this topic. I am currently Ball St. in my dynasty, and I have improved them pretty much. The game that resulted in the most frustration and resulted in me posting this topic was when I was playing a B+ ranked Ohio State. While I was only a B-, I literally lost like 15 games to them, as I really needed to win to help turn my program around. And every single game I threw like 8 ints on some ridiculous plays by the defense. Anyway, I will try out all the stuff people suggested. Thanks guys.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:44 PM   #13
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Thanks to everyone's insight on this topic. I am currently Ball St. in my dynasty, and I have improved them pretty much. The game that resulted in the most frustration and resulted in me posting this topic was when I was playing a B+ ranked Ohio State. While I was only a B-, I literally lost like 15 games to them, as I really needed to win to help turn my program around. And every single game I threw like 8 ints on some ridiculous plays by the defense. Anyway, I will try out all the stuff people suggested. Thanks guys.
Let me get this straight. You're complaining about the difficulty because you can't beat Ohio State with Ball State? I don't see a problem with that at all. If you could do that consistently, I'd say that the difficulty would be way too easy.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
To clarify, did you restart the OSU game 15 times in a row waiting to save the game only after you beat them? If they are the superior opponent, you should expect to lose the majority of the time.

As for passing help, you simply can't force the ball down the field in this game. Its a big difference from the old gen versions. Really look to hit the crossing routes and running backs out of the backfield. Corner routes are far superior to fly routes if you want to hit a deep ball.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:08 PM   #15
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
To clarify, did you restart the OSU game 15 times in a row waiting to save the game only after you beat them? If they are the superior opponent, you should expect to lose the majority of the time.

As for passing help, you simply can't force the ball down the field in this game. Its a big difference from the old gen versions. Really look to hit the crossing routes and running backs out of the backfield. Corner routes are far superior to fly routes if you want to hit a deep ball.
I agree with you. As I stated in an earlier post, I'm using Florida International and Florida handed it to me. I really never expected to win that game. To me, it's quite refreshing that the computer actually can beat me fairly on AA this year. It's not much fun when you take any school and blow out everybody you play. I don't mind a few 3 or 4 loss seasons, especially when I'm building a smaller program.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2007, 02:12 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Let me get this straight. You're complaining about the difficulty because you can't beat Ohio State with Ball State? I don't see a problem with that at all. If you could do that consistently, I'd say that the difficulty would be way too easy.
I remember the first year I went on Heisman with a 1 star team, my buddy and I would be getting fired left and right after miserable 3-8, 2-9, 1-10 seasons. You should expect that to happen on Heisman (that's what happens in real life.. BSU isn't going to beat OSU 98 years out of 100). It took me a good 4 or 5 years of recruiting and learning until I was bowl-competitive with a team like Ball State.

Since defeating Texas with my TCU heisman dynasty in the first year on a last-second TD, I've gotten smoked by them every time home and away since then... as should be expected on heisman. (I'm a B+ now in yr 5, so I should be able to make it respectable this year.)

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »