Home

I need some advise for stoping the option

This is a discussion on I need some advise for stoping the option within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2007, 12:46 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 23
I need some advise for stoping the option

Can anyone give me some ideas for the best defense to use to stop the West VA option attack???

i have tried the 4-3, the 1-5-5, and now i am about to try the 4-2-5

I play as Ohio State, my buddy plays as West VA all the time, and he always uses the CHEESY triple option... It seems like my dudes always run the wrong way???

CAN IT BE STOPED???!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2007, 07:00 AM   #2
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: I need some advise for stoping the option

Tell your friend to man-up and quit cheesing it, first of all.

I run a 4-2-5 and I haven't faced anyone that abuses the option, but when my buddy runs it, I like to get a defender and ACT like I'm going to tackle the QB, but just run right by him toward the RB. He'll usually pitch it and BAM... I'm right there for the tackle.

In terms of scheme... look at a 5-2 as well. I like the 4-2-5... in theory, it's got the personell to stop the option, but I dont know about on this game.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:47 AM   #3
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

since when is the option cheese. this is college football baby, option all day. you have to be really good with the stick. the option calls for you to do most of the work. don't sit back and wait on his play. try and dictate the play by running schemes too confuse him and bring alot of outside pressure. only thing that sucks is w.v. has so much speed and can take anything too the house. you have to be perfect. your best bet is too keep him off the field. eat up the clock. try and frustrate him. w.v. runs the 3-3-5 so run alot off tackle and use playaction.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 23

thanks.

i'm not saying the option itself is cheese, i'm sayin this game is programed wrong and the DB run to the middle to stop the fullback EVERYTIME!!! even though he does not have the ball... and this leaves me one on one with two guys that could go all the way
Old 10-23-2007, 02:34 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 14

I like to use DE qb spies. Just hot route on each DE with a qb spy and it helps. Also use 4-3 cv 2. put the corners up with bump and run and they will do a better job of staying on the line of scrimmage. Try also to slant to the field or to crash the line with your lineman. if you do this make sure your backers are stunting outside.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »