Home

Need Your Opinions, Please

This is a discussion on Need Your Opinions, Please within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2007, 05:39 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 10
Need Your Opinions, Please

i bought Madden 08 for 360 and traded it in after 2 weeks. it just plain sucked.
i've heard NCAA 08 is not much better??
but i'd like to get another football game to supplement my 2k8 game. was thinking of getting NCAA 08 or going back to get NCAA 07 cheaper. again, i'd be buying the 360 version.

what do you suggest? i did like NCAA 07 but traded it in a few month's ago...thinking Madden and NCAA 08 would be awesome.

anyway...do i go with NCAA 08 or 07 for cheaper?

oh yeah...i'm an offline player only.

thanks,
T
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Need Your Opinions, Please

I personally like NCAA 08, If you can find a good set of sliders for your style of play it's fun.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:02 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I haven't played Madden since I had my Playstation (way before it became known as PS1 since it was the only Playstation) so I can't comment on Madden or Madden's comparison to NCAA08. I played NCAA07 last year (on my 360) and NCAA08 this year. I think NCAA08 is clearly the superior game. If you enjoyed 07 last year, I think you would enjoy 08 more this year.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 10-24-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
MVP

drae2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
i bought Madden 08 for 360 and traded it in after 2 weeks. it just plain sucked.
i've heard NCAA 08 is not much better??
but i'd like to get another football game to supplement my 2k8 game. was thinking of getting NCAA 08 or going back to get NCAA 07 cheaper. again, i'd be buying the 360 version.

what do you suggest? i did like NCAA 07 but traded it in a few month's ago...thinking Madden and NCAA 08 would be awesome.

anyway...do i go with NCAA 08 or 07 for cheaper?

oh yeah...i'm an offline player only.

thanks,
T
You're right, Madden is horrible. Go with NCAA 08. It's improved at lot imo than last years game. It has some issues, but Madden to me is just un-playable.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:24 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Ok I have both and here is my rundown comparison:

NCAA = Madden WITHOUT the:

- franchise breaking glitches
- stupid weapons that make the game play arcade like
- need for a complete overhaul patch to be semi-playable

Things in NCAA you won't find in Madden:

-Ton of choices of teams that can give you a HUGE replay value as far as dynasty experience goes (Start as a powerhouse, middle of the line, or 1* team)

- Ability to recruit (instead of having dumb free agency moves made during the offseason which is the plague of nearly all sports games nowadays)

- Gameplay that can be partially fixed with the right sliders and practice. I started my Georgia Tech franchise with 10 INT's in the first 2 games. From there on I only threw 5 more and finished my season 9-5 (Won ACC championship against Boston College and lost in my Bowl game against LSU)

- Just a grand ole time if you like college football. It's fun to run a dynasty alongside the season to see the differences/comparisons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2007, 07:58 AM   #6
MVP

Hurricain's Arena

Passing game is broke, just keep that in mind. Everything else is fine.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:52 PM   #7
Banned

this is the type of feedback that makes me think i should go back and get 2007 NCAA. i don't want to every buy a football game with a broken passing game. did alot of folks think the passing game in 2007 version was broken, too? i guess i'm not understanding what "broken" means in this context.

i've also read that the 2008 version is choppy (especially in setting up depth charts and getting through the menues) compared to 2007.

sorry, but i've just always bought Madden and am just looking for more info. before i shed out more $$$ on anything from EA right now.

thanks very much for any further input you can provide in comparing NCAA 07 vs. 08.

T
Old 10-25-2007, 02:59 PM   #8
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6

this is the type of feedback that makes me think i should go back and get 2007 NCAA. i don't want to every buy a football game with a broken passing game. did alot of folks think the passing game in 2007 version was broken, too? i guess i'm not understanding what "broken" means in this context.

i've also read that the 2008 version is choppy (especially in setting up depth charts and getting through the menues) compared to 2007.

sorry, but i've just always bought Madden and am just looking for more info. before i shed out more $$$ on anything from EA right now.

thanks very much for any further input you can provide in comparing NCAA 07 vs. 08.

T

07 was terrible and had many more "broken" things aside from passing game. 08 is not great, but definitely much better than 07 in my opinion. i'm playing ncaa 08 for the ps2 and enjoying it more than anything i have for the ps3 or 360, football wise that is. that's just me though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »