Home

Is this game playable still?

This is a discussion on Is this game playable still? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Is this game playable still?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruptionOwnz
Is that really the only issue with the game, the turnovers?
It's not the only issue but it's by far the most annoying and the one most likely to make people stop playing. With practice you can limit your own turnovers but the CPU has a nasty habit of throwing 3 or 4 interceptions in most games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuruptionOwnz
If it is, can't sliders fix this?
Nope.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:12 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 29

I have rented it a few times. I am asking my wife to get it used for an christmas present. I wouldn't pay full price for it.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:09 AM   #11
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Personally, I'm playing the absolute hell out of it. At least a game a night. This is always my favorite game, regardless of the other great titles that come out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2007, 11:30 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 18

For me the passing and turnovers (cpu opponent) were just unbearable, then one day I was playing against my brother and we analyzed some issues we had. For us it was the passing game (ball trajectory when lobbing mainly) and the run game did not feel quite right either.

Then we fooled around and moved passing accuracy to 60 and bam better trajectory with the ball and improved in a realistic way passing game.

We also adjusted running back ability to 55 and better running game.

We made this adjustment for both human and cpu and I am having super games against the cpu and offline two player games. I play all american with 5 minute quarters. I also turn the home field advantage off which has decreased the cpu's interceptions, because it stops the interception snowball effect. For two player games if I remember I turn it on.

I hope this can help someone who wants to give this game a second chance. Just try it before you kill it.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #13
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I also turn the home field advantage off which has decreased the cpu's interceptions, because it stops the interception snowball effect. For two player games if I remember I turn it on.
What system is this? I don't remember this option on my 360. I can't imagine I'd want to turn it off, but it'd be good to know it was there at least.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 11-07-2007, 02:35 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

This game is bigtime....ive been playing since launch....just gotta find the sliders you like.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:13 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

I hate to say this, but for me this game is unplayable for me now. I hate when I try to throw a pass over the middle to the TE over the MLB's head but in front of the safety and it gets intercepted. You cant throw deep balls obviously, and the fumbling is ridiculous. I honestly tried to like this game. I have been playing it since it came out until now. I have just come to the fact that this game isnt really realistic when it comes to the passing game. I am just hoping for a good game next year.

-jmoneyjb3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2007, 10:15 PM   #16
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Personally, I'm playing the absolute hell out of it. At least a game a night. This is always my favorite game, regardless of the other great titles that come out.
Co-sign.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »