Home

Anyone else starting to get a bunch of DDEs?

This is a discussion on Anyone else starting to get a bunch of DDEs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2007, 08:41 AM   #1
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Anyone else starting to get a bunch of DDEs?

I've gone through 2 discs, and no other game is doing this...

But I'm starting to get frequent Dirty Disc Errors on NCAA. Nothing is showing up on the discs, I'll wipe it off, put it back in, it will work fine for a few games, then I'll get another one.

I don't think its the 360...like I said....because other games don't do this.

Maybe it's because I have played the HELL out of NCAA but something doesn't seem right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2007, 08:45 AM   #2
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Anyone else starting to get a bunch of DDEs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I've gone through 2 discs, and no other game is doing this...

But I'm starting to get frequent Dirty Disc Errors on NCAA. Nothing is showing up on the discs, I'll wipe it off, put it back in, it will work fine for a few games, then I'll get another one.

I don't think its the 360...like I said....because other games don't do this.

Maybe it's because I have played the HELL out of NCAA but something doesn't seem right.
I am still playing and I am having no problems at all....knock on wood
Old 11-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #3
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Every EA sports game I've gotten recently has done this. NCAA football, FIFA, NHL, and Madden. There are tons of little scratches all over the discs when I take them out. I'm assuming it's my 360 thats doing this but some of the other games I play don't have scratches on them.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:51 AM   #4
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Every EA sports game I've gotten recently has done this. NCAA football, FIFA, NHL, and Madden. There are tons of little scratches all over the discs when I take them out. I'm assuming it's my 360 thats doing this but some of the other games I play don't have scratches on them.
Same here..almost microscopic scratches. Nothing huge, but apparently noticeable to the system.

Why would we be getting them? Bad console design?

I would call XBOX and ask them..but I don't feel like spending 3 hours on the phone with Samir and Akhmed from Bangladesh trying to explain it to them.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:55 AM   #5
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Another reason why the 360 sucks. I for one was extrememly careful not to touch my discs; and in fact there were stretches when I would literally take the game out of the box, put it in the tray, and never touch it again for weeks because it was the only game I was playing. And yet still get DDEs. Literally, I've NEVER touched the disc, and the system can't read the disc anymore. That's total crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I got one a few weeks ago, but that's the only one I've gotten since purchasing the game.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:25 PM   #7
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

I put the game in today and my 360 has apparently decided not to read any discs now. nothing. It's a launch 360 so I guess I'm lucky it's lasted this long. Good thing I work at a pawn shop.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

i would be glad to see DDE right now. my 360 doesnt output any video right now i can hear the audio great but theres only a small amount of things you can do with no video.

im surprise my 360 lasted this long as i got it on launch day. i wished i got the 3 red lights though..... i would at least get a free repair.

before this i never got any DDEs with NCAA. got it once with Oblivion, but that was the only time i had it happen for any game.

Edit: games on DVD are really sensitive to scratches, i rented nascar '08(regret it now) and had just the smallest of scratches on it but it wouldn't play at all, in fact the 360 though it was a DVD movie. took it back to the place i rented it(Hastings , a Book store/movie & Video rental store here where i live) and they had a very high tech looking DVD/CD cleaner(looked like a big laser printer) that made the disc look brand new. took it home and the game ran great(until i got bored and upset how bad it was). they charged like $1 or $2 dollar per disc if you brought your own to clean.

Last edited by Solidice; 11-09-2007 at 09:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »