Home

My Personal Atmosphere Tips for EA.

This is a discussion on My Personal Atmosphere Tips for EA. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #17
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: My Personal Atmosphere Tips for EA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
ride that little wagon thing in Oklahoma
LOL. The Sooner Schooner.

I just want the crowd to erupt when a play is made. For example, go to any college football game and you just hear the crowd steadily get louder on a deep ball, and then when it gets caught it's crazy in the stands. Some "ooooo's" would be cool on big hits too.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:11 PM   #18
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Forget about the atmosphere issues. Let's focus on GAMEPLAY!
Ah, one of the constants of OS. Regardless of the sport, anytime someone starts a thread about atmosphere or presentation, we can count on someone strolling in with their soap box telling us that gameplay is the only thing that matters.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:24 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 5

Presentation is a big thing and can make a sub-par game feel a lot better than it is.
Madden and NCAA Suffer from the opposite sub-par presentation make a pretty good games (sans turnovers)...

feel pretty boring
Old 11-19-2007, 09:18 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 3

Cardot-
you gotta agree that gameplay is what keeps you coming back to a game. after a while, you will start skipping cut-scenes, etc. you have to also agree that solid gameplay is the foundation of all great franchises (i.e. winning eleven), and presentation is MUCH easier to implement in the long term....

bottom line...ANY game publisher should give a $60 customer the best of both worlds - gameplay & atmosphere - - AGREED!
Old 11-20-2007, 10:40 AM   #21
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I agree with you Phi, gameplay is important. Great presentation doesn't mean jack if the gameplay is horrible. And yes, EA definatey has some things that need to be fixed here.

But at the same time, the presentation is a big part of why I play video games. It is the immersion factor. I can go join a softball league, and the gameplay and physics will be much closer to baseball than I could ever get sitting on my couch with a controller. But what I can't do, is hit a home run over the Green Monster at Fenway in the bottom of the 9th. Likewise, I can't dive over the goal line in front of 100,000 people in Ann Arbor and feel the excitement as the band strikes up "Hail to the Victors".

If a game came out with perfect X's and O's gameplay, I would enjoy it. But if it didn't have the fight songs, the bowl games, the mascots, etc, it wouldn't have much replayability for me.

Yes, we agree, we should have both. EA has been doing this for a long time. There really is no excuse for them to be lacking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2007, 11:37 PM   #22
Rookie

tbone1's Arena

OVR: 7

Somebody should really send EA a copy of college hoops 2k8 I think that should really about cover it.
Their fight songs sound 10 times better and they actually play the whole song for starters.
And the band actually stands up and sways when they play.

I wont even bother to mention the crowd and sideline interaction.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #23
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiPsi1
Forget about the atmosphere issues. Let's focus on GAMEPLAY! but i agree with all your sentiments above.
This is a CFB game. Without good atmosphere, it becomes Madden part 2.

Atmosphere is huge in CFB. Just my opinion.

This game has nothing in terms of making you feel like you're in the game. I miss the last gen versions.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 11-24-2007, 02:56 PM   #24
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

Have the guys who worked on commentary for NBA Live come and do the commentary for NCAA and every other EA sports game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »