Home

Worth buying used for 40 bucks??

This is a discussion on Worth buying used for 40 bucks?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2007, 11:32 PM   #25
Rookie

BrownsFan72's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Worth buying used for 40 bucks??

Thsi game is useless the logic is aweful the fumbles and ints by the computer the warping players its a shame it used to be a great game and they have ruined it. i wouldnt pay $10.00 for this game its aweful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2007, 11:37 AM   #26
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

As others have stated, if you want a realistic game, NCAA will probably frustrate you. So good in so many ways, but the INT issue is tough to overcome. Everyone agrees on the CPU throwing too many. You can pretty much count on getting 4 picks a game, returning 1 or 2 of them for TD's, and another one being when the CPU is in the redzone. Obvioiusly major game changing events.

While it is not the company line around here, some of us think there are too many user picks as well. Often you will spot an open receiver, lead him with a pass and he will suddenly slow down while the defender speeds around him for the pick. If you slow down replays, you will often see defenders breaking on a route before the receiver does.

You should probably visit the slider section for more indepth discussion of the issue, and what people have tried to do to overcome it.

Good luck.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #27
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Wow, I must be alone. I've been playing it since July pretty regularly, had zero complaints or seen any depth chart bugs, goofy turnover bugs, etc. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 12-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #28
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Wow, I must be alone. I've been playing it since July pretty regularly, had zero complaints or seen any depth chart bugs, goofy turnover bugs, etc. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Same here, I have few games with 3 or 4 turnovers but nothing too drastic. I think if you approach this game realistically you'll get good results if you're looking to exploit it will certainly let you do that too. The depth chart is really slow but havn't had it do anything out of the ordinary.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:45 PM   #29
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
i dont have many complaints with it. depth chart bug is annoying and can be worked around with time, normally just back out and go back in and it will be ok. as for turnovers, i rarely have games over 4. since moving to Heisman the average turnover is around 0-3 a game, mostly me turning it over. the super LB and DB have always plagued EA football games so i see no difference between the 360 to xbox '08 in that part. i do miss create-a-school and playbook editor though. i tried to play '08 on xbox at a friends house but couldnt stand the poor gameplay/physics/graphics last gen has.

as far as it being realistic, its far from it, but can still have fun with it. i havent played a sports game to date thats realistic.

Last edited by Solidice; 12-12-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:03 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 9

I just started playing NCAA again (needed a break from Madden and Crack of Duty 4) and I am pretty much on the fence here...

I have no problems with the turnovers because I play online about 90% of the time...but there in lies the rub...go online and expect to see constant onside kicks, constant abuse of the option (the game for some reason has plays where defenders will run away from the ball carrier even when he is past the LOS and running right at or by them) and a ton of other annoyances.

Like Madden (or any other sports game for that matter) finding people who play the game as a football game instead of exploit it as a videogame score-a-thon is the key. If that's yopur cup of tea or it doesn't bother you to waste 45 minutes exchanging turns at abusing the AI until someone gets a random lucky break, then don't worry at all...buy the game and head online, you'll find a bunch of like-minded individuals! If it does bug you and you'd rather not waste time online, then the game can still be fun as long as you are willing to overlook some flaws...the Campus legend stuff is kinda fun for a while and the mini-games are too.

There's probably $40 worth of value there, but like others have said...shop around and you can probably get a copy for under $35...
Old 12-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #31
MVP

jct32's Arena

OVR: 17

Does 07 play more realistic?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »