Home

Did you win the Heisman yet? Campus Legend updates.

This is a discussion on Did you win the Heisman yet? Campus Legend updates. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2007, 11:25 AM   #9
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Did you win the Heisman yet? Campus Legend updates.

I tried CL once as an RB and couldn't really get into it. I made it through the HS tournmament which pretty much seemed like it was designed to be won.

I went to Minnesota, and as a freshman, the only PT I saw was on the field goal team as one of the outside blockers. I thought that was very realistic and cool...unfortunately it was also pretty boring. Also couldn't get excited about telling my cyber-self to party or study each day.

But is sounds like you guys had some fun with this mode, so that is cool.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

I play on Heisman and although I can tear through a season undefeated in regular mode on Heisman with an average team (B's), this mode is tough. You can't make plays on short routes or passes to the flats because you can't highlight stick your RB's. You will constantly lose 5-7 yards on toss plays and can't audible out or risk getting benched. If you make a bad decision (easy to do because of the camera views and lack of dump-off effectiveness, plus crappy play calling), you will throw an interception. On top of that, you may be forced to come from behind with poor D that you have no control over.

It's much more difficult than regular mode Heisman. I would be very impressed if someone went undefeated in a regular conference on CL.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #11
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasin2K3
I play on Heisman and although I can tear through a season undefeated in regular mode on Heisman with an average team (B's), this mode is tough. You can't make plays on short routes or passes to the flats because you can't highlight stick your RB's. You will constantly lose 5-7 yards on toss plays and can't audible out or risk getting benched. If you make a bad decision (easy to do because of the camera views and lack of dump-off effectiveness, plus crappy play calling), you will throw an interception. On top of that, you may be forced to come from behind with poor D that you have no control over.

It's much more difficult than regular mode Heisman. I would be very impressed if someone went undefeated in a regular conference on CL.
Anybody can go undefeated, on any difficulty level, if your CL player is an option QB with some speed.

The option is broken (it was in last year's version as well) and the CPU can't stop it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2007, 03:33 PM   #12
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
Anybody can go undefeated, on any difficulty level, if your CL player is an option QB with some speed.

The option is broken (it was in last year's version as well) and the CPU can't stop it.
I can't recall any video game where the option was good. It is either money or impossible. I never played 2K3, but I do recall that game really promoted the option play...so maybe it was good in that game?
Old 12-12-2007, 05:04 PM   #13
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I can't recall any video game where the option was good. It is either money or impossible. I never played 2K3, but I do recall that game really promoted the option play...so maybe it was good in that game?
I remember NCAA Gamebreaker - I'm pretty sure it was 2005 - and even on the hardest setting, the option was solid gold...
Old 12-18-2007, 02:32 PM   #14
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

i played one season as a QB. picked to go to Arkansas as it was the only top 30-40 team that i could start as soon as i got there. played and won all the games the first year and won everything you could, Heisman, Sec champs, NC. filled the legend meter.

i made a balanced QB but still had 88 Speed. i think i was between 83-86 ovr as a freshman. i went 255-344 for 3424 yards 34 TDs 12 INTs, 55 rush att. for 440 yards and 3 TDs. not sure why i won Heisman as McFadden had a better year than me since the game made him the KR/PR as well. he had nearly 3000 all-purpose yards.

i did sim the last 3 years of my guy as i wanted to try out the superstar mode in madden, which only lasted 3 games before i quit that. when LT fumbles 6+ times a game, it gets boring.

my guy's career stats were 968-1534 for 13324 yards 146 TD 43 INTs, 262 rush attt. for 990 yards and 8 TDs. sacked 102 times in the whole career.

the team also went undefeated in my guys senior year but they didnt get to the NC. the 2 year in between were not good.

i kinda want to try it again. but i have more fun in dynasty.
Old 12-22-2007, 03:22 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Difficulty: Heisman
Position and Player: Coverage CB Josh Black
H.S. City/State: Wyoming, Michigan
H.S. Playoffs results: Lost in State Championship 22 - 7(Offense was horrible.)
Caliber: 5 star
School: South Carolina(Starter) - Was going to play with Michigan(would have been 5th string) but I hate the defensive practice.
Notable attributes out of HS: 99 speed, 99 Agility, 98 Acceleration
Awards: None
Notes (record, etc.):

High School Stats: 15Tackles(1TFL), 1 Pass Deflection, 5 Interceptions(3 TD's)

Best interception was one I picked off in the endzone and took 105 yards for the score.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2007, 04:41 PM   #16
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Difficulty: All-American
Position and Player: QB Charlie Page
H.S. City/State: Cincinnati, Ohio
H.S. Playoffs results: State champs
Caliber: 5 star
School: Ohio State
Awards: None...so far

I could of started at Arkansas or pretty much any team, but had to pick my favorite buckeyes. Started 3rd but worked myself up to starter very quickly. Had over 300 all-purpose yards starting against FCS, including over 100 rushing yards.

Had more trouble against Akron, but lead OSU to win 31-14 (was only up 17-14 at half-time). A lot of fun so far.

My Blog

Last edited by p2xgamers; 12-27-2007 at 06:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »