Home

Playbook Breakdown: HB Slam and Power O

This is a discussion on Playbook Breakdown: HB Slam and Power O within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Playbook Breakdown: HB Slam and Power O

This is a follow up article from yesterdays article on HB Read and HB Counter from virtualsportsdepot.com

Quote:
In a follow up to yesterday’s article about HB Read and HB Counter I wanted to go over a few more running plays I use to keep the opposition off balance. While HB Read and HB Counter may be my bread and butter plays the HB Slam and Power O are my milk and cookies plays. In other words both of these plays complement each other as well as play off the weaknesses of HB Read and HB Counter and turn those weaknesses into strengths. In this article I will go over when it’s best to run either HB Slam or Power O instead of HB Read and HB Counter.

If you haven’t read the article from yesterday I suggest going back and reading it here before moving forward in this article.

As I mentioned in the previous article HB Read has a major weakness when run towards a defensive player in a 1 technique and HB Counter has problems when run towards a defensive player in a 3 technique. While the plays can still be run and in the case of HB Counter still work, there is a more efficient way to get things done. I achieve this by running the HB Slam and Power O plays.

The simplest way to slow down HB Read and HB Counter is to flip your defense when using a 4-3 stack defense or align in a 4-3 Under alignment. What this does is puts a defensive tackle in the 1 technique on the strong side taking away HB Read and it puts a defensive tackle in the 3 technique on the weak side as well as the defensive end outside of the tackle making it difficult to run HB Counter without stretching the play out wide.

Remember it is the defense’s job to take away your bread and butter plays forcing you to go to your backup plays to keep your offense running. This is what HB Slam and Power O do for the offense.
Read the rest here
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »