Home

EA SPORTS NCAA Football 09 Home Page Up...ALREADY?!

This is a discussion on EA SPORTS NCAA Football 09 Home Page Up...ALREADY?! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2007, 10:14 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: EA SPORTS NCAA Football 09 Home Page Up...ALREADY?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I hate to tell you this, but their large, primary audience doesn't notice what you mentioned. They are the "casual" fan and they love the game and don't tear it apart to death. Us sports gamers are in the serious minority. They're following Business 101 and because of that we're not the targets.

I know what audience butters their bread, but mark my words, this franchise will sell less units this year than last when the final numbers are out and next year the trend will continue. They still have to rely on repeat business, I know thats why they have to add gimmicks each year to offer these casual fans something new. But I bet even the casual fan who buys this franchise every year isn't having as much fun with this game as they did on the last gen. From a pure gaming standpoint, and this is obviously my opinion, the game feels stiff. The casual gamers are going to go for Halo,COD, guitar hero, and the other great games that came out this year. There are too many good games coming out right now to expect a subpar game to sell regardless of genre.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2007, 11:14 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 26

this game is awful on next gen, its sad too, because this engine isn't going anywhere for a while. that's what's awful.

This game is broke, how many times have you stuck a guy pretty good for what seemed to be a sure 'no gainer' and the SOB just falls forward for 4-5 yds, same with me running the ball.

The engine is so broke it can't be fixed. They are going to overcompensate everything thing that we've been complaining about. For example, it's impossible to throw a dig or an in route, DB just jumps it. So EA (patch) just makes the DB dumber and doesn't respond quickly enough but still responds the same, just watch the DB, he still breaks on it , but waaaaay late after you've cut up field.

And even post-patch, you never know when the ball leaves your hand if a LB will super jump or a DB will super break, so you can never ever ever ever ever ever get into a rhythm. I love being punished for bad decisions, but to make the right read and still get did wrong pisses me off.

The option is broke as well, I lateral the ball all the time after I'm literally already tackled and on the ground, it's stupid, even trying not to do it, its a reaction.

And I really can't wait to see what they do with the OL-DL interaction, DE's and DT's might as well stay in the huddle, ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY ARE MANUALLY CONTROLLED, u have no prayer. I have found a way to manipulate this, but it's stupid, I start pounding the R1 button (ps3) presnap and my LB's start shifting like idiots, but it gives your manually controlled Dlineman a fighting chance, but again, it's stupid and broke, I shouldn't have to pound a button pre-snap.
It will be funny to see what they do with this, really funny.

Maybe they'll let u put some touch on your passes too while they're at it, hell, who knows.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:18 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 26

this game will not sell well, i promise

after about 10 yrs of this being my favorite title, i don't plan on purchasing it next year. If i bitch and moan, and then go out and buy it, then i am part of the problem.

We need someone to update rosters from an older ncaa, and convert them over to next gen (ps3 preferrably)
Old 12-21-2007, 11:26 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
i do agree with you on the companies not seeming to care. i have to hope that they are making progress with that and wanting to make us more involved. i think the problem is that they always have new staff. most of that staff doesnt know **** about fooball. i'm friends with two graphic guys that worked at tiburon on this game and my mom knows more about fooball than those two guys put together. but how many ex linebackers are graphic artist. they have some guys there now that do know football and i think things are getting better as we've seen with the oline and playbooks getting better. you know how on the back of the strategy guide they always ask for game testers. i applied a couple of years ago, and they said they weren't really looking for football guys but just casual gamers or gamers with past experience in beta testing. i read on here about a guy that said he did the same and they told him he had to much experience testing. what the ****!?!? 05 should of just been a upgrade to a solid football game in 04 but they just keep adding things that some one in marketing thinks they need so they have something to put on the box and when the programmers can't get it to work right the just say oh well, because no one is going to pay them to waste time to take it out when they can just add more fluff. i know the programmers mentioned this at community day and they didn't want to make the same mistakes but it just seems that they are way behind so far on the 360. next year i think will be a big jump, but will it be good one? don't give up on it fist, i'm an old timer like you and games aren't going to be simple anymore and the more complex the more **** ups.

I think we have to realize something here. For the most part, most next-gen devs put their emphasis on great looking graphics, textures, and presentation. It seems that for the most part, devs are spending so much time just figuring out how to run the game at 60 FPS, that they don't have time to really be creative and add interesting and subtle options and control mechanics. This can be seen in the transition to next-gen football by EA. (360 and PS3) The PS3 firmware is constantly being updated. As a console gamer, I don't want to be hearing about firmware updates and worrying about downloading patches. I want to be thinking about playing games. I buy the game, the game should be complete. I think devs are setting the bar too low because there is only so much time, yet they have to release a football game every year and have to spent most programming time figuring out the hardware. If i wanted to worry about capacity, i'd buy a PC. This next-gen era (specifically 360 and PS3) has been the first console with the means to patch games through downloads. I don't like the idea of patching console games. PC games, fine. But, no console games should be bug free in my opinion. For a sports gamer, this is unsettling. This is not what we are getting. We as the consumer have no other choice. We love to play sports games, and there are so few options. For some reason, the Xbox1 version of NCAA '08 doesn't feel like there are glaring issues. The game is simple, but looks great and plays great. The interface is there, there is so much for the user to do pre-snap. The playbooks are deep. The interface is user-friendly. The menus are easy on the eyes and informative at the same time.

For a true simulation sports gamer who wants a responsive game with challenging A.I. with lots of option adjusting and on the fly changes, you don't necessarily need to play a game on a next-gen system. The game just needs to be programmed correctly from a user control standpoint. The game also needs to be complete and fully tested. I think sports gamers too often are left out in the cold. The reason why the PS2 and the Xbox1 are such great systems are they have stood the test of the time. The controller is relatively lightweight, the console is simple. The games don't have incredibly high graphic texture capacity, but there have been some great looking games for both systems. I am more comfortable booting up my ps2 or my xbox1 than a 360 or a ps3. Does anyone else feel this way? There is no Guide menu (like on the 360). In my opinion, EA's version of NCAA Football '08 runs much better on the xbox1 than any other console, both in terms of graphics quality and frame rate.

In my opinion, the animation engine of the xbox1 / ps2 version of ncaa football '08 is much more realistic than the 360 / ps3 version of this game in terms of the appropriate animations loading at the correct time in gameplay. User control has been optimized on this engine. Things like on the fly audibles, camera options, deep playbooks are just not in the next-gen game.

The thing about the ps2 / xbox1 versions of NCAA Football '08, it's convincing. It looks like football, it feels like football. It's not perfect, but it's close.

The next-gen version of the game feels like a tech demo. Sure they have the capacity to make the stadiums look grand and the players look intimidating, but the proper game mechanics to challenge user dexterity and decision making is not there. There aren't the subtleties of the current gen game. The Xbox1 version feels like a complete game (besides the CPU not missing FG's), and the heisman sliders that 'thelasthurtknee' refers to do play a great game.

I just want to encourage you guys to give the xbox1 engine another try with the heisman defensively tilted sliders that 'thelasthurtknee' refers to. You might be surprised at how well the game plays, how clean the interfaces are, and how complete the game feels when compared to the 360 version.

Last edited by PSU_DW2; 12-21-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Old 12-22-2007, 12:41 PM   #45
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Fortunately (or unfortunately, if you want to look at it that way), NCAA is the only sports game I really play. For 9 or more months out of the year, I'm playing other games. That's why I have a next-gen system. And to get that next-gen system, I had to sell my current-gen system.

So I have to choose between NCAA on the 360 or no football at all.

Not an easy choice to make.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »