Home

What's your favorite style of offense?

This is a discussion on What's your favorite style of offense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2007, 06:58 PM   #17
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: What's your favorite style of offense?

Pro Style - Balanced.

I pound the ball to open up the pass but I love running people over on my way by.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:07 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 24

With Miami (OH), I've fallen in love with the spread/west coast offense. I use USC's playbook, so there's no shotgun, but the 4 and 5-wide sets are perfect for my depth at WR. My WR's are all speed guys and I do a lot of WR screens and short passes with a lot of YAC.

I still run 25/30 times a game and like to use the run more than the pass.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:42 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm a big Bill Walsh fan so I like the west coast. Run alot of play action off the run and like to get speedy WR. w/ utah state I ran the spread option my first year out of need. My RB and WR stunk and I need My QB to run. My QB left and recruited some Decent parts and went to 2 bowls the next 2 years. My New QB didn't have a great arm but was accurate so the west coast worked.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:59 AM   #20
All Star

OVR: 21

I run Hawaii's offense. I have actually gotten pretty good at running it out of the shotgun too, which allows me to be more balanced if I choose to.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #21
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

I use a balanced attack with multiple formations. I love teams that utilize the pistol, that is a versatile package, though their isn't a boot pass available. One team I found to be fun was East Carolina. Lightning quick QB and good weapons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2007, 03:02 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm in the process of trying to run the spread for the 1st time. Getting insane amount of interceptions because i'm not that good of a passer and am using to Georgia's balanced attack.

I've got speedy WRs, Speedy RB, Semi Speedy QB, but I guess my timing is just completely off.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #23
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I usually always run the spread but I find its a lil cheesy to use it. In my SMU dynasty I switched to the Texas version of the spread but I can't pass for crap besides to my TE. I have been lucky enough to have had 2 good RBs in YRs1-2 and in YR3 i have a speedster and a bruiser so I usually run alot more out of the spread.

I think eventually I will change offenses to mimic real life when ur OC leaves and a new one comes in. I read someone mention it on here and it sound challenging.

First thing's first is I need some good OL recruits. Without a decent line you can't do anything in this game.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:53 PM   #24
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I usually find a playbook with many ACE formations and run a traditional offense but with two TEs and little FB. I would like to try the spread but that would require practice as I would suck at it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »