Home

updated issues...

This is a discussion on updated issues... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-25-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11
Angry updated issues...

I went online to play my first NCAA 08' game and got the update screen and downloaded the update just for my game to freeze. This crap has never happened before. I had a screen full of black and red checker boards... WTF!!! So I turned the console off then back on and thought I'd try madden and got the same crap after downloading their update as well!!! I put NBA 2k8 in and no problems at all... WTF are there online issues surrounding EA games that I missed since playing COD4 and NBA 2k8 If so someone refresh this thread please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2007, 09:43 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: updated issues...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedmanR
I went online to play my first NCAA 08' game and got the update screen and downloaded the update just for my game to freeze. This crap has never happened before. I had a screen full of black and red checker boards... WTF!!! So I turned the console off then back on and thought I'd try madden and got the same crap after downloading their update as well!!! I put NBA 2k8 in and no problems at all... WTF are there online issues surrounding EA games that I missed since playing COD4 and NBA 2k8 If so someone refresh this thread please.
Sorry to inform you but that's the video card on your 360 dying, not something to rant on EA about. Time to call Microsoft and order your coffin man.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 12-26-2007, 02:20 PM   #3
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Sorry to inform you but that's the video card on your 360 dying, not something to rant on EA about. Time to call Microsoft and order your coffin man.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:20 PM   #4
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

yeah, they rip you off with this whole console thing imo. they sent me a refurbished system. i haven't had it a month and it is already messing up. that is rediculous. i didn't pay $400 for this to happen. i plan on getting on the phone with them after the holidays and demand a NEW one, unopened out of the box. I didn't pay $400 for a used 360. That is a huge rip off to the customer.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:45 AM   #5
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
yeah, they rip you off with this whole console thing imo. they sent me a refurbished system. i haven't had it a month and it is already messing up. that is rediculous. i didn't pay $400 for this to happen. i plan on getting on the phone with them after the holidays and demand a NEW one, unopened out of the box. I didn't pay $400 for a used 360. That is a huge rip off to the customer.
Oh, dude, don't even get me started with this issue. I had 2 consoles that I had sent back, getting refurbs both times. I caught on after the 2nd one came to my house. After it dies, I bought a new 360 @ very large general merchandise retailer and did the switcheroo with the refurb. Have had no issues since with this 3rd console in 2 years....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #6
Pro

billysims's Arena

Quote:
i plan on getting on the phone with them after the holidays and demand a NEW one, unopened out of the box. I didn't pay $400 for a used 360.

I tried that also, and they told me it would be a new one the 2nd time; which, of course, it was not.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:50 PM   #7
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by billysims
I tried that also, and they told me it would be a new one the 2nd time; which, of course, it was not.
well i got on the phone with them, and he said they can't give me a "new" one. I said, "so you just going to continue to send me a piece of crap every month? Is that why I paid $400?" He didn't give me an accurate answer to that. He just told me they would send me the box to send it to them.

But how did you do the switch thing with the retailer? Explain that to me.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:13 PM   #8
Pro

billysims's Arena

Quote:
well i got on the phone with them, and he said they can't give me a "new" one. I said, "so you just going to continue to send me a piece of crap every month? Is that why I paid $400?" He didn't give me an accurate answer to that. He just told me they would send me the box to send it to them.

But how did you do the switch thing with the retailer? Explain that to me.
I go the idea from elswhere in OS forums, I think in the Console Talk forum.

All I did was buy another new 360 @ the retailer, wait a couple days, then return the "old" console as if it were the new one, in the same box from the new one. I told them that it was not playing some of the games I had bought, but that others played well. They couldn't care less.

Sneaky, yes, but in the end the defective box goes back to MS anyway, and you get a new console. It was exceptionally easy; they do not scan your serial #, just the UPC form the box.

It seems as if the later production has been better, based on some comments I have seen posted here and elsewhere. Mine has been fine since I switched it up.

Good luck....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »