Home

Top NCAA Football 09 Cover Candidates

This is a discussion on Top NCAA Football 09 Cover Candidates within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41
Top NCAA Football 09 Cover Candidates

Who Will Make The '09 Cover?

Darren McFadden
Glen Dorsey
Chris Long
Dennis Dixon
Colt Brennan - Don't see it being a QB this year.
DeSean Jackson

Who's gonna get it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2007, 11:58 AM   #2
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Top NCAA Football 09 Cover Candidates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Who Will Make The '09 Cover?

Darren McFadden
Glen Dorsey
Chris Long
Dennis Dixon
Colt Brennan - Don't see it being a QB this year.
DeSean Jackson

Who's gonna get it?
That depends, whats gonna be the gimmick for next year? McFadden would have been great the year impact players came out, Dorsey would be great for a new pass rush system (as this year it blows), same with Chris Long, Dennis Dixon would be good for an all around overhaul (good passer, good runner, good leadership), Colt Brennan would be good for an overhaul of passing (no way thats coming), or for "Second Chance" where you can choose what activities you do outside of games and could get arrested and have to transfer (alright, im kidding....kind of), and DeSean Jackson would be good for a return game upgrade or focusing on receivers.

I personally think itll be Glenn Dorsey, he was so hyped up (reasonably so) and people know of him more than Chris Long imo.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

I bet EA is super bummed they can't throw Tebow on there.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitkamp94
I bet EA is super bummed they can't throw Tebow on there.
EA can not put someone who's still in college so Tebow and DeSean Jackson are out of the question.....my best bet would be Darren McFadden, Matt Ryan or Colt Brennan. I hardly doubt they'll ever put a defensive player on so i doubt Dorsey will be on as well.
If they were to put a Defensive player i'd like to see Dorsey or Lauranitis if he decides to turn pro.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
EA can not put someone who's still in college so Tebow and DeSean Jackson are out of the question.....my best bet would be Darren McFadden, Matt Ryan or Colt Brennan. I hardly doubt they'll ever put a defensive player on so i doubt Dorsey will be on as well.
If they were to put a Defensive player i'd like to see Dorsey or Lauranitis if he decides to turn pro.
They're assuming DeSean Jackson will go pro like your assuming James Lauranitis may go pro.

DeSean Jackson would be marketable. I would wait until all the Bowl Games are done though, because if there's a classic performance by someone or a great, classical game ala Boise State, they might shift the coverboy to the "leader" of the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 21

good point, if hawaii beats georgia do you think colt will make it on the cover? i think so. tebow will be on one as soon as he goes pro
Old 12-29-2007, 05:08 PM   #7
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by VidGaminMachine476
They're assuming DeSean Jackson will go pro like your assuming James Lauranitis may go pro.

DeSean Jackson would be marketable. I would wait until all the Bowl Games are done though, because if there's a classic performance by someone or a great, classical game ala Boise State, they might shift the coverboy to the "leader" of the team.
I'd have to disagree about someone having a great bowl game and they decide to put him on the cover. I'm sure as myself and many others...we were very dissapionted with Zabransky on the cover. EA needs to put someone who has had a great year or great closing career and a potential NFL star. Adrian Peterson of all people should have been on 08's cover.

Brennan would be a ok choice but him playing in Hawaii...I don't know if that's going to happen.

Last edited by babyfat9; 12-29-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

D-Mac is the best player in college football, put him on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »