Home

Is the deep ball possible?

This is a discussion on Is the deep ball possible? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2007, 10:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Is the deep ball possible?

Just wondering, is it possible to hit a deep ball? The computer has done it to me several times. They throw it up and my db stops for some reason and the ball goes over his head. The wr catches it and keeps running. I get single coverage no safety help. Lob it down field and at the last moment the db just does some jump and swats it down like he has eyes in the back of his head. I overthrew the guy once. I just want to make sure its possible it might be that my receiver isn't really that good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2007, 11:37 PM   #2
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Is the deep ball possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bus
Just wondering, is it possible to hit a deep ball? The computer has done it to me several times. They throw it up and my db stops for some reason and the ball goes over his head. The wr catches it and keeps running. I get single coverage no safety help. Lob it down field and at the last moment the db just does some jump and swats it down like he has eyes in the back of his head. I overthrew the guy once. I just want to make sure its possible it might be that my receiver isn't really that good.
Yes on occasions it's possible.....try pump faking, sometimes the DB bites and you're all alone....or sometimes just lob it high and deep....some WR's make some incredible one handed catches between 2 players sometimes.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:46 PM   #3
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Try practice mode. I did this and found that if I use my left stick up while tapping it will give me more "air" on the pass. I will only throw the deep ball if the safety stays in the middle, is in a blitz, or rolls up, assuring single coverage. Everytime I try going deep with a safety back, it's picked or batted down by the safety. It is a little more challenging to go long in this game, but when you hit it, it is real sweet. Some very good graphics.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
Rookie

Interference's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerhunker
Try practice mode. I did this and found that if I use my left stick up while tapping it will give me more "air" on the pass. I will only throw the deep ball if the safety stays in the middle, is in a blitz, or rolls up, assuring single coverage. Everytime I try going deep with a safety back, it's picked or batted down by the safety. It is a little more challenging to go long in this game, but when you hit it, it is real sweet. Some very good graphics.
I do this a lot. I hot route my fastest WR to a fade first. If they're showing blitz from the safety on his side, then you know you're gold. Otherwise, after the snap i see where the safety's going. If its not to cover my guy, i give the WR a little time to get separation. Then I tap his letter (symbol) and press up on the left stick. Most times he catches it. This works best if (of course) the CB isn't blazing fast. Keep in mind your QBs throw power when deciding where to throw it. If its in the 90s, you can make a huge play. Its good to try to set this up prior with some underneath throws and/or some successful running plays. A playaction helps it work too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »