Home

Is NCAA 08 better than Madden 08?

This is a discussion on Is NCAA 08 better than Madden 08? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2008, 02:50 AM   #1
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
Is NCAA 08 better than Madden 08?

I have Madden 08, but I was thinking of trading it in for NCAA 08. I know both games have their fair share of problems, but which one is better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2008, 09:58 AM   #2
Rookie

DaNextPhenom25's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is NCAA 08 better than Madden 08?

I've always liked each of them equally, but this year the nudge goes to NCAA 08, despite all the problems/issues there are with the game. Once you figure out how to counter those, this is a really fun game. I haven't spent too much time playing Madden because I was looking for a good set of sliders to start a dynasty with. But it all depends on what you like better.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

For ps3 NCAA is more fun for me, but madden has much better responsiveness with the controller for some reason, but its still not as responsive as it should be.

Sorry about my responsiveness rant, I'm still mad that I spent $600 on a system and I'm getting lag as if I were playing online and I'm only playing dynasties.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:11 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

To me this year they are pretty much the same. If I had to pick one I would pick NCAA 2008 because of the variety of the playbooks, number of teams, and actual commentary. I also like the mini games better, and the dynasty is more involved than the franchise mode of Madden 08.

One last thing I really like is the QB releases are quicker in NCAA and the game speed is a tad slower. Madden runs a little to fast for my taste, it feels like it is moving in fast forward (slightly exaggerated). Peace.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

I would go with the NCAA title. Madden looks too cheesy as receivers and kickers has arms bigger than their calves.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2008, 06:40 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

on the PS2 for me this year, they are both equally enjoyable. On the PS3 this year, they are both equally disappointing.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #7
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Thanks for the replies. I was wondering if the Xbox 360 version of the game has magaizne covers.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #8
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5

This is a good topic for these forums. I am kinda wondering the same thing. I played both "pre-patch" and I guess I liked NCAA better but I guess at this point, we need to look at these games "post-patch"...Which game, if either, is truly "fixed" now? There r so many mixed reactions on this board, as far as the patches fixing issues, etc.

3DS- Bravely Default

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »