Home

The patch fixed nothing (360)

This is a discussion on The patch fixed nothing (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #17
Rookie

nickaepi's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: The patch fixed nothing (360)

Doesn't the PS2/xbox version have the pursuit angle problem, still? I rented that game for 2 days and brought it back because I could return every single punt for a Td, just by hitting the spin button to the outside. Same with runs. Just run to the outside with fairly quick running back and you're gone everytime. That killed the game for me. Unless they fixed that, the ps2 version is broken in the defensive ai department.

3DS- Bravely Default
Old 01-07-2008, 04:29 PM   #18
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickaepi
Doesn't the PS2/xbox version have the pursuit angle problem, still? I rented that game for 2 days and brought it back because I could return every single punt for a Td, just by hitting the spin button to the outside. Same with runs. Just run to the outside with fairly quick running back and you're gone everytime. That killed the game for me. Unless they fixed that, the ps2 version is broken in the defensive ai department.
Don't sprint. Myself and at least one other person on here have adopted the rule of no sprint on offense or kick/punt returns. Your fast players will still run fast, and I even returned a kickoff for a TD. Should it have to be this way? No. But it fixes it, and there is no way to fix the problems with the 360/PS3 versions.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #19
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickaepi
The "No Sprint Button" technique has worked wonders for me on offense. I have been having some battles over the past couple of days since using this.

Thanks to the UglyOrgan for that one.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:44 PM   #20
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
22 for the high seems normal to me. 3 teams this year in real life had 23. i played with MTSU and they had 18 this year in real life, only 4 off and i had an extra game with a bowl game.

in my 5 seasons i had 22, 20, 14, 15, 22. 4 of the 5 seasons were pre-patch.
Wow.

In my first season with Eastern Michigan - after the patch - I had 16 INT's after 6 games.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #21
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUglyOrgan
Don't sprint. Myself and at least one other person on here have adopted the rule of no sprint on offense or kick/punt returns. Your fast players will still run fast, and I even returned a kickoff for a TD. Should it have to be this way? No. But it fixes it, and there is no way to fix the problems with the 360/PS3 versions.
My take on the sprint function:
I personally think the sprint button should be eliminated for a couple reasons.
Speed should be "there" without having to push a button for it. I never understood the speed button reasoning. If a person is rated a 90 speed then when I move the stick the whole way he should get to his rated 90 speed. Getting to his top speed is then dependenat on his acc rating.

Secondly I hate playing online and throwing a pass that at the least should be dropped or caught by WR. (I never switch to wr on passes).
Example is a perfectly timed out route. The ball is thrown...the d human player switches to the closest DB and hits sprint and either bats the ball or intercepts a pass that he really never should have gotten too. It wouldn't be as big an issue if I switched to WR and tried to combat that but I prefer not to. (age )

Same way when people complain about the CPU throwing too many INT's. Most but not all are switching to the closest D and sprinting to the ball which puts the CPU at a disadvantage. If all games were played with the no sprint rule lots of AI interceptions wouldn't happen.

Just my .02

Not saying I'm right or wrong but it's my opinion.

Also can someone answer about what the old gen has feature wise that next gen doesn't.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2008, 12:15 PM   #22
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer

Also can someone answer about what the old gen has feature wise that next gen doesn't.
1. D1AA Teams.
2. Endzone Names in Bowls
3. Entrances.

There are more, but those are the first to come to mind.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:16 PM   #23
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
My take on the sprint function:
I personally think the sprint button should be eliminated for a couple reasons.
Speed should be "there" without having to push a button for it. I never understood the speed button reasoning. If a person is rated a 90 speed then when I move the stick the whole way he should get to his rated 90 speed. Getting to his top speed is then dependenat on his acc rating.

Secondly I hate playing online and throwing a pass that at the least should be dropped or caught by WR. (I never switch to wr on passes).
Example is a perfectly timed out route. The ball is thrown...the d human player switches to the closest DB and hits sprint and either bats the ball or intercepts a pass that he really never should have gotten too. It wouldn't be as big an issue if I switched to WR and tried to combat that but I prefer not to. (age )

Same way when people complain about the CPU throwing too many INT's. Most but not all are switching to the closest D and sprinting to the ball which puts the CPU at a disadvantage. If all games were played with the no sprint rule lots of AI interceptions wouldn't happen.

Just my .02

Not saying I'm right or wrong but it's my opinion.

Yeah I agree...I never quite understood if ur Spd Rating is a testament to when u push speed burst or when ur just running.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #24
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Hey guys, I don't normally play dynasty, but I decided to start one up with Alabama. I played on Heisman with 8 min quarters against TCU in the first game.

TCU ended up with 529 yards of total offense, including 34-43 passing for 384 yards. But they did also throw 3 INTs.

I had 485 yards passing on 26-36, with 5 passing TDs. I also threw 2 INTs in the game, and lost a fumble.

Those seem like pretty astonomical offensive numbers to me, but I can't really think of a lot of ways to fix it with sliders. The only thing that I guess I might be able to look at are pass block sliders, so the computer doesn't have so much time to pass -- seemed like it had all day. But other than that, I'm not sure what to do. It seemed like most of the time, WRs were wide open in the secondary, and all of the INTs seemed pretty legitimate to me (ball thrown right at defender).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »