Home

any tips/tutorials on recruiting?

This is a discussion on any tips/tutorials on recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #25
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: any tips/tutorials on recruiting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpkns34
your school is probably ranked low in that category

ive found that, even with a low-prestige team, you can easily rock a top 15 recruiting class by simply keeping on top of things

find your schools strengths and and recruit to them, if you start at a crappy school w/ only 3 cats rated good or better, then drop the recruit if he isnt at least "avg" in his interest in those cats (this means focusing mostly on players close to home, unless you can offer the player early PT)

also, dont be scared to go after guys who dont list themselves as interested in your school preseason in your recruiting selection

every week, find out where your team ranks...if its week 5 & youve been talking to a recruit every week, offered him a scholarship & you still arent in his top 10, while he has 7 other scholarship offers & 5 recruiting visits planned with other teams, then cut your losses

if you dont ink a single recruit during the season, dont sweat it, you likely wont land many, if any, during the season as a smaller school...the plan is to keep in the race for as many top prospects as you can by seasons end, as landing them in offseason recruiting is a cinch w/ the inhome visits

finished year 1 of my newest dynasty the other night w/ uab & finished w/ a 5* qb along with about 10-12 4* for a #5 overall recruiting class
Good tips. I've been struggling to recruit well with Idaho. I'm in season 3 and my team ranking (top 25 each year) has been better than my class ranking (around 30-40 the first two years). I think you are right, I need to go after more top players even if I'm not in their top 10 at the start, and be smart about when to cut my losses. I've only been going after a handful of 4-star and 5-star recruits, and I've lost out on several of them, finishing #2 with maxed-out interest on their list. Most of the rest of my recruiting board has been 2-star guys that were interested from the start, which has hurt my class rank. The stud recruits I did land were mostly landed in the offseason recruiting, which supports your theory of just staying in the game up to that point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2008, 09:45 PM   #26
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
your school is probably ranked low in that category

ive found that, even with a low-prestige team, you can easily rock a top 15 recruiting class by simply keeping on top of things

find your schools strengths and and recruit to them, if you start at a crappy school w/ only 3 cats rated good or better, then drop the recruit if he isnt at least "avg" in his interest in those cats (this means focusing mostly on players close to home, unless you can offer the player early PT)

also, dont be scared to go after guys who dont list themselves as interested in your school preseason in your recruiting selection

every week, find out where your team ranks...if its week 5 & youve been talking to a recruit every week, offered him a scholarship & you still arent in his top 10, while he has 7 other scholarship offers & 5 recruiting visits planned with other teams, then cut your losses

if you dont ink a single recruit during the season, dont sweat it, you likely wont land many, if any, during the season as a smaller school...the plan is to keep in the race for as many top prospects as you can by seasons end, as landing them in offseason recruiting is a cinch w/ the inhome visits

finished year 1 of my newest dynasty the other night w/ uab & finished w/ a 5* qb along with about 10-12 4* for a #5 overall recruiting class
No man I'm elite in the pitch that is making him frown.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:33 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
No man I'm elite in the pitch that is making him frown.
then im willing to bet that all youre doing is pitching that same pitch over & over, which they get tired of or you're staying on the phone too long with him (i dont stay on the phone longer than 45 mins with a recruit, and thats only if i offer a scholarship that takes around 20 mins)

you need to sway some (either up or down accordingly) and mix up the pitches
Old 02-20-2008, 08:21 PM   #28
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Quote:
then im willing to bet that all youre doing is pitching that same pitch over & over, which they get tired of or you're staying on the phone too long with him (i dont stay on the phone longer than 45 mins with a recruit, and thats only if i offer a scholarship that takes around 20 mins)

I agree
Old 02-28-2008, 01:29 AM   #29
Banned

is there an option to sim through the off-season and in season recruiting??? i've heard it's very time consuming in 08 game.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:12 PM   #30
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

Quote:

I would agree that I prolly pitched it too much, but he immediately begins frowning. I still land 20 players a season so its not a biggie.
Old 03-11-2008, 01:40 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
is there an option to sim through the off-season and in season recruiting??? i've heard it's very time consuming in 08 game.

anyone? can you sim recruiting??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2008, 12:11 PM   #32
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetaa6
anyone? can you sim recruiting??
When I've landed the top prospects and I'm pretty much down to 2* guys(just for depth) I just press start and advance to next week and the CPU lands prospects so yes you can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »