Home

Old 02-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #9
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
well if you have it on 360, you can just play the music using the xbox guide blade, it will then mute the music in the menus on NCAA. i never tried it when on the field though, so i dont know what it would do then.
it just plays music and commentary together.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #10
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

I'd pass on this title next gen. Wait for 09 and hope it plays better football. The last two years of NCAA on 360 have been underwhelming and I'm a huuuuuuge NCAA guy.

I remember (with the exception of 05) where I'd play this game 11 months out of the year. Since next gen I'm lucky if I make it past Thanksgiving.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:22 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
I'd pass on this title next gen. Wait for 09 and hope it plays better football. The last two years of NCAA on 360 have been underwhelming and I'm a huuuuuuge NCAA guy.

I remember (with the exception of 05) where I'd play this game 11 months out of the year. Since next gen I'm lucky if I make it past Thanksgiving.
Yeah, I won't be getting 08 under any cirumstances with the next version due out in what, 4 or 5 months. This might be a better question once some media is released or new features are announced. I just have my fingers crossed that they can at least tighten up the gameplay to an acceptable level since I, like you obviously, would get tremendous replay value from a solid college football title.

It just seems like whatever the game is, I'm not seeing enough out of these next-gen sports titles to justify buying a new system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2008, 10:48 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

There are a lot of little things missing in terms of features from current gen that hold the title back. There are little gameplay features I expect to be fixed but a couple of big ones with the CPU QB play the biggest. They need to be smarter and take shots down the field.

Most importantly though, I want the old feel of the PS2 versions back. The game needs to get faster as it was too slow last year. The fun factor lacked a little because of it imo. The player momentum was off and I hope the weight of the players feels more like the PS2 version as well.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:59 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

PS2 version is better in every way except for pursuit angles, auto fg's and possibly recruiting.

I could easily make a list of 100 things that were better about the PS2 version over the Xbox 360 version.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

There are supposed to be new details released in the next 1-2 weeks according to EA's website.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #15
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Whenever new info comes out, if I don't read about a complete rewrite of the CPU QB A.I. then I'll be very disappointed. For me as a one player gamer, no matter what other improvements they make, if this aspect of the game is still fundamentally flawed, then the game can only be mediocre at best.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2008, 08:43 AM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Whenever new info comes out, if I don't read about a complete rewrite of the CPU QB A.I. then I'll be very disappointed. For me as a one player gamer, no matter what other improvements they make, if this aspect of the game is still fundamentally flawed, then the game can only be mediocre at best.
I agree. That's the number one gameplay flaw in my book. Fix that, speed the game up a little and add all the old current gen features to the game and it will already be much improved.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »