Home

Just a Thought Regarding Playing Time for 2 QB's

This is a discussion on Just a Thought Regarding Playing Time for 2 QB's within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-12-2008, 01:24 PM   #9
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Just a Thought Regarding Playing Time for 2 QB's

I scramble so much I usually get my starting qb hurt, so my backup always seems to get plenty of P.T. as it is, but I see your points. I like using my backups in the "formation subs" menu, making strategic lineup changes, especially on defense. That seems to work best for me rather than making a conscious effort to make subs during the game. The one thing I do is take a look at the halftime individual stats, and if 1 of my O-linemen is having a tough time, I'll replace him with his backup for the second half, and that works nice for progression.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #10
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

When I play with a powerhouse school, I generally blow out a large number of opponents, and play my 2nd string for somewhere between 33% and 50% of the season. Helps keep my studs healthy for the end of the season, and helps keep guys from going pro before their senior year. With that method I can keep teams loaded with 3rd, 4th, and 5th year players that have plenty of experience, and maintain an A+ roster consistently.

Currently I'm using Idaho, I'm in season 3 and their overall talent level is still a C. I am starting to blow out some of the weakest opponents (I am still playing their actual projected schedule) but most of the time I am keeping my starters in for at least 3 quarters. I didn't tweak the auto subs settings at all, but they seem pretty realistic. I might change it at some point though if I have some young subs that are almost as good as the starters, that I would really like to see get more PT.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:55 PM   #11
MVP

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpkns34
this would work much better, as i have no faith whatsoever in ea being able to implement a halfway realistic system to use a 2qb system
Yeah, I would agree with you there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
Well, to be honest, backup offensive lineman rarely rotate into the game in real life.
True, but I am talking only 5 or maybe 6 getting any playing time at all.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #13
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Everytime I edit a players equipment it resets my depth chart. Not a big deal but I forgot to edit my transfer RB's gear. I don't want to mess with my depth chart again b/c I had to piece together a defense with what I had due to just taking over Purdue.

Is there something I'm missing or could do to edit player equipment without resetting the depth chart? Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »