Home

So Who Here is Pling NCAA 06 or Another Last-Gen NCAA?

This is a discussion on So Who Here is Pling NCAA 06 or Another Last-Gen NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2008, 03:01 PM   #9
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: So Who Here is Pling NCAA 06 or Another Last-Gen NCAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
I picked up 2004 for PS2 the other day and attempt to play through the slow down in NCAA 06 BC on 360. 2004 is incredibly fun head to head, but some things are blatantly missing. 2006 is probably the best combination of graphics and gameplay last gen for me, and with all the anti aliasing and higher resolution that the 360 offers when playing stuff BC, it gets rid of a lot of jaggies and cleans up well. If they fixed that slowdown, I wouldn't even play 08 current gen.
Agreed with the problems on 06 B/C. That shouldn't have even been green lighted...I was simming through a season and did all this recruiting, only to hop into a game, which ran at probably 70% and FROZE in the 1st Quarter. I said "no thanks" and traded in that game and a bunch of other games for NCAA '08 (360). I was immensely surprised by how much I liked it. And this is coming from someone who HATED Madden and actually traded it in, in favor of adopting NFL 2k5 as my pro game.

But EA's NCAA games have been better than Madden for years, so I shouldn't have been surprised. Not to mention that there's been at least a couple of patches for '08, and I think they've reduced the fumbling and turnovers to some degree in both games.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:06 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I am going to pick up NCAA 2004 tonight just to try it out to see how great the game truly is or isn't. I only have the games from 2005 on, so I never got to play 2004. I'll see if I will be leaving 2004 in favor of 2004 or not...
Old 02-19-2008, 03:53 PM   #11
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

LOL... I'm back to playing last gen too. It's between 06LG and 08LG. I love 06 (probably my favorite version), and the only reason I even play 08 is because of the expanded playbooks and new plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2008, 04:24 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
LOL... I'm back to playing last gen too. It's between 06LG and 08LG. I love 06 (probably my favorite version), and the only reason I even play 08 is because of the expanded playbooks and new plays.

I'll be back to 06 on XBOX as soon as it comes in the mail, most likely early next week. That was the version I played the most out of all of them so I'm hoping to get back into it. The only issue I had with it back in the day was the deep ball being too prevalent for both the user and CPU but I'd take that anyday over the issues of 07 (momentum meter anyone) or 08 (pursuit angles, way too many schools on probation in dynasty).

In the mean time, I've been able to rediscover the XBOX version of 2K5 in all its glory, especially with the edited rosters available here.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:28 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I picked up 2004 last night and it is indeed a fine game. I will probably continue playing both 2004 and 2006 for the time being as they are both goof games with their high points.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:47 PM   #14
Video Game Dev

Spear's Arena

OVR: 19

NCAA 07 for the Xbox is still my favourite of the series, and I'm still playing it to this day.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:06 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm still playing 06 on the Xbox. The only problem I have with it (and with 08 as well), is that it keeps locking up on me for a few seconds on anything that is not in-game. During recruiting it constantly freezes up for a few seconds, and then is fine for about 20 seconds before doing it again. It has to be the Thompson drive going on me.

If I can find another used Xbox cheap (as in under $50) I'll probably buy one instead of leapng to a 360 or PS3. I can't see letting go of NFL 2k5, NCAA 06, MVP 2005, Moto GP, MX Superfly, or Inside Drive anytime soon None of these games other than NBA 2k8 seems to have a sibling on the next gen consoles that beats them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2008, 11:17 PM   #16
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Playing 08 on the PS2.i can live without the beautiful graphics. The game just plays so much better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »