Home

So Who Here is Pling NCAA 06 or Another Last-Gen NCAA?

This is a discussion on So Who Here is Pling NCAA 06 or Another Last-Gen NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #17
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: So Who Here is Pling NCAA 06 or Another Last-Gen NCAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh446066
I went back and played a game of NCAA 2004, and although I had much fun at the time....it IS dated, and that's a hard thing to ignore. Plus, this version had it's own issues (Robo-comeback ring a bell with anyone?).
Isn't this in most EA football games? The EA developers really love the 4th quarter shootout, and no matter how defensive of a game it was, the yards pile up in the 4th.

With that being said, '04 was my favorite of the bunch. And after 2 frustrating years ('07 Last gen momentum & '08 New Gen Interceptions) I am thinking of playing another season of '04.

I think the biggest problem with '04 is that deep passes are a bit too easy while short passes are too tough. I never played '06, but I thought I read that the long ball was EVEN easier.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:35 PM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Cardot, I don't know how '06 would compare with '04 but it was a great game. No momentum or jump the snap. The biggest problem with the game was it was too easy for both the user and the cpu to complete balls down the field. The human running game was too easy on AA as well. If you can find it cheap I would really give it a try. Just boost the knockdowns to 99 for both sides and drop human RBA to about 40 and the game will be a blast for you.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:37 PM   #19
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm playing 06 on my 360 and it is really sluggish. Especially special teams. Anyone else have this? The disc is flawless, I just buffed it.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:44 PM   #20
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
I'm playing 06 on my 360 and it is really sluggish. Especially special teams. Anyone else have this? The disc is flawless, I just buffed it.
Sooner, it's not your disc and it's not your 360....it's the emulation process, it's flawed and thats why you get the slowdown or sluggishness.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:05 PM   #21
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
Sooner, it's not your disc and it's not your 360....it's the emulation process, it's flawed and thats why you get the slowdown or sluggishness.
LOL, I find '08 sluggish on my 360. Man, it is so slow going from screen to screen. And few things annoy me more that pausing to watch a replay before the play is competely over, and the replay is not yet available...D'oh. Then I have to cancel the pause menu, wait for the game screen to finally pop up to end the play, then hit pause again, wait for the menu to come up....Ugh so slow.

Sorry to get off topic. Just needed to vent on that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #22
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
LOL, I find '08 sluggish on my 360. Man, it is so slow going from screen to screen. And few things annoy me more that pausing to watch a replay before the play is competely over, and the replay is not yet available...D'oh. Then I have to cancel the pause menu, wait for the game screen to finally pop up to end the play, then hit pause again, wait for the menu to come up....Ugh so slow.

Sorry to get off topic. Just needed to vent on that one.
Yeah but the game slows way down while playing.

How fun is it to play DE on 06!!!? I love it man. I can actually get off of blocks on occasion. I play FS on 08 on 360. But once I put 06 back in, I remembered that it was a blast to play DE.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #23
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
Thanks man. Sucks to hear that but thanks.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:38 PM   #24
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Thanks man. Sucks to hear that but thanks.
Not a problem, it does suck. I still muster a game in here and there, just because I love this version. I can't see doing a whole season that way though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »