Home

NCAA 09 with Montana

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 with Montana within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 25
Re: NCAA 09 with Montana

Thats for the Wii, so its probably just a PS2 port with added features and motion controls, hence why Montana would already be in the game. Seriously.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:26 PM   #10
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Grizzlies suck!

I don't understand the speculation about programming for upsets. The current sim engine already allows for upsets. I don't think there's a point at which the sim engine says, "This team is too much better, they cannot lose to this other team." So it's really just a matter of making the team ratings realistic. People make a huge deal about the App St win, but the fact is, App St is way better than the majority of DivI-FBS teams. They were the LSU of FBS, probably better than 50 or so Div1-BCS teams. The problem with the way NCAA 08 implements the FBS teams is that they are all terrible, the equivalent of Weber State, starters rated in the 60s. If NCAA 09 is going to add FBS schools (even just some of them), and do it right, they should recognize that several of the best Div1-FBS schools each year are better than a lot of the worst Div1-BCS schools.

Last edited by TrevJo; 02-22-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:25 PM   #11
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I doubt they will have a season mode for the D1AA schools, but it would be nice to set up a 16 team tournament. It was cool having all the teams on the old gen, but you couldn't do much more with them then.... just play exibition games.
I would replace all the BCS conferences w/ the 1AA schools. Then look to replace some of the stronger schools in the non-BCS conferences. I thought was always fun because then you end up seeing Central Michigan as the #1 team. But you would also see the 1AA schools turn into powers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2008, 06:32 PM   #12
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
I don't understand the speculation about programming for upsets.
Because when EA sees something exciting like App St beating Mich, they get a stiffy and think it would be awesome if it happened all the time.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:41 PM   #13
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Because when EA sees something exciting like App St beating Mich, they get a stiffy and think it would be awesome if it happened all the time.
Ok, yeah, I've heard that argument. But is there any evidence for it? I mean, the momentum thing in NCAA 07 was overdone in terms of the feature being on the screen all the time, but it was pretty harmless in terms of how it affected the game results. I can't really think of anything they've done in the past to suggest that they are going to do some stupid upsets feature in NCAA 09.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Ok, yeah, I've heard that argument. But is there any evidence for it? I mean, the momentum thing in NCAA 07 was overdone in terms of the feature being on the screen all the time, but it was pretty harmless in terms of how it affected the game results. I can't really think of anything they've done in the past to suggest that they are going to do some stupid upsets feature in NCAA 09.
Huh? Momentum destroyed NCAA 07. A FG could get your bar all the way up to 5.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:46 PM   #15
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
I would replace all the BCS conferences w/ the 1AA schools. Then look to replace some of the stronger schools in the non-BCS conferences. I thought was always fun because then you end up seeing Central Michigan as the #1 team. But you would also see the 1AA schools turn into powers.
Hehe, that is a cool idea. In 2006, all I did was replace 2 of the weakest Mountain West Conference schools with Montana State and Montana. I thought it was the most realistic way to add my school to I-A in terms of recruting and such. But it was kind of lame the sense that my rival started out bad and never got much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2008, 06:48 PM   #16
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VidGaminMachine476
Huh? Momentum destroyed NCAA 07. A FG could get your bar all the way up to 5.
Sure, your momentum meter would swing like crazy. That part was dumb. But it never seemed like having your momentum meter maxed out actually changed the game, at all. It was a total hype feature, but harmless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »