Home

1st ncaa 09 screen shot of...

This is a discussion on 1st ncaa 09 screen shot of... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2008, 05:31 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: 1st ncaa 09 screen shot of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
Id only buy it after waiting like 2 months and for all the initial "this game is freaking amazing" posts to subside and see how good the game really is. Last year was crap, year before was crap, every madden game for next gen has been crap, statistically speaking this game will suck too. The engine is broken and unless they shine this turd up to biblical levels, this game will be mediocre.
I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
And this is why we can't have serious discussions about EA and 2K's games on OS.
What was in that quoted post that indicates that serious discussion can't be had about EA or 2K games here? I'm willing to bet that its because of his negative opinion of NCAA? Seriously your biases are shining through here and its because of people like you that EA continues to put out the crap that they do on the virtual football field.

Also what kind of person cares if another person decides to not buy a game? Why even comment on that in the way that you did?
Old 03-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #50
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Graphics look "meh" at this point. However, if they don't fix the Mr. Roboto running animations it will be another year playing 2k5 for my football fix.
Old 03-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #51
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
I agree.

What was in that quoted post that indicates that serious discussion can't be had about EA or 2K games here? I'm willing to bet that its because of his negative opinion of NCAA? Seriously your biases are shining through here and its because of people like you that EA continues to put out the crap that they do on the virtual football field.

Also what kind of person cares if another person decides to not buy a game? Why even comment on that in the way that you did?

Wow. An yet, another example as to why we can't have serious discussions about EA and 2K's games on OS.

Dudes keep proving me right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #52
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadiplomat04
So what did they buy....APF 2K8.....LOL
Some people did others did not
Old 03-17-2008, 12:52 PM   #53
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Wow. An yet, another example as to why we can't have serious discussions about EA and 2K's games on OS.

Dudes keep proving me right.
There's nothing wrong with deciding to not rush out, preorder this game and have it on day one. EA has dropped the ball enough to at least warrant some restrain.

I think it's funny to see people cream over early still shots, just as it is to see people declare the game will be a bust and glitchy off the same shots. My opinion is that EA's track record with these games at least requires not reading all their hype and renting it first...at least for the people on the fence.

People that love these games will always love them, and those who hate them will most likely always hate them. I think the basis for a good game is there, but EA could certainly build on it. That's why I'm going to wait and see with this game. Plus I have a ps3.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:26 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount

People that love these games will always love them, and those who hate them will most likely always hate them.
This is not a true statement in the least. I have owned every version of NCAA back to Bill Walsh. When I bought my PS2, I did for NCAA Football. I loved that game. My gaming budget was $60/year NCAA Football and College Hoops. Thats all I bought, thats all I played. I loved NCAA, I bought it every year and always kept the boxes an manual in prestine condition as a "collectors" item. But they ruined the kicking game on the PS2 version in 2007 and then in 08 the pursuit angles were destroyed....Alas my PS2 gaming had come to an end. So I bought a 360 with the intention of buying 2 games. College Football & College Hoops. NCAA Football on the 360 was easily the LEAST enjoyable football experience that I can remember. Its terrible, its garbage and thank goodness College Hoops and other non-sports games are decent or my 360 purchase would have been a waste. EA has lost me as a customer. College football is at least 4 years away from even having all the features, atmosphere, teams, and playbooks that we had for the PS2. Its sad.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:02 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I boycotted Madden 2008 and I still haven't purchased a copy.
Ditto.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #56
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
This is not a true statement in the least. I have owned every version of NCAA back to Bill Walsh. When I bought my PS2, I did for NCAA Football. I loved that game. My gaming budget was $60/year NCAA Football and College Hoops. Thats all I bought, thats all I played. I loved NCAA, I bought it every year and always kept the boxes an manual in prestine condition as a "collectors" item. But they ruined the kicking game on the PS2 version in 2007 and then in 08 the pursuit angles were destroyed....Alas my PS2 gaming had come to an end. So I bought a 360 with the intention of buying 2 games. College Football & College Hoops. NCAA Football on the 360 was easily the LEAST enjoyable football experience that I can remember. Its terrible, its garbage and thank goodness College Hoops and other non-sports games are decent or my 360 purchase would have been a waste. EA has lost me as a customer. College football is at least 4 years away from even having all the features, atmosphere, teams, and playbooks that we had for the PS2. Its sad.
I pretty much feel the same way as you when it comes to the NCAA Football series, probably my favorite game (series) of all time. I'm back to playing '06 because that is the last version that I truly enjoyed playing. They've ruined the PS2 versions in '07 & '08 for the reasons you mentioned, and the 360 versions are just no where near up to par. I've stopped purchasing Madden and will not purchase NCAA either. I will however, continue to rent them, just to see what they've done with the game...with faint hopes that they've brought back the fun, atmosphere, etc... but sadly if the last two years are any indication, I will be back to '06 once again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »