Home

Colored gloves??? Please tell me EA knows...

This is a discussion on Colored gloves??? Please tell me EA knows... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Colored gloves??? Please tell me EA knows...

I'd also like to add that to me the gameplay is not good at all and the game will never be good to me. So if they add in alot of little details, great presentation, and made the game smooth with little to no rough edges then I'd be able to overlook the mediocre gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2008, 08:36 PM   #26
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
I'd also like to add that to me the gameplay is not good at all and the game will never be good to me. So if they add in alot of little details, great presentation, and made the game smooth with little to no rough edges then I'd be able to overlook the mediocre gameplay.
I understand that it's gonna be impossible to make the AI what it should be to get the CPU or noncontrolled players to think for themselves or do what should be done all the time. The reason I want the little things is because they can be predetermined.

I'd love to see the passing game be more timing-based. If you want to throw a ball out in front of a receiver, it is possible. I'd like to lob the ball ahead a little before you'd normally throw it so you'd have few seconds to take your WR and manually make the catch. The passing game is so broken. I hit a guy down the sideline today and he reached and caught the ball because it was thrown out in front of him like it should be. That is rare in '08 but I was so shocked that it actually happened. I'm in 2016 and there might be one pass I make a year like that. The rest are underthrown and picked.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:53 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
And some of us type like five-year-olds...

See? It all balances out.
How in the hell do [i] type like a 5 year-old??
Old 03-23-2008, 10:17 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
I feel the same way. I understand people saying gameplay first, but IMO, if EA got more little things right and the game wasn't so damn boring, the gameplay flaws wouldn't stand out as much. I know for me if the game was more authentic, had excellent presentation, and they tightened up the gameplay, I really wouldn't have much to complain about.
You said it Sage. If the game was not so dull around the on field gameplay I would still be playing it like both football games from 2005. Peace.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 AM   #29
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
You said it Sage. If the game was not so dull around the on field gameplay I would still be playing it like both football games from 2005. Peace.
If the crowd and commentators reacted on cue, I'd be much happier. I'll get an INT, return it to the house, kick the PAT and kickoff before they talk about it.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:46 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 10

Honestly people complain way to much lol. And about stuff that does not matter. Why would anyone care that they added team color gloves amazes me. I think it is awesome. I could careless if they dont do it in real life. To me it add's to the game, you have a option to go grey if you dont like the colors. But I am all for the color gloves and shoes.

But these things really dont matter as long as the game plays well. Thats #1. If a guy wearing green gloves is going to stop you from buying this game then you's take things way to seriously and might need to be reminded that this is a VIDEO GAME.

Also its a dumb rule and Im glad EA thinks likewise.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:01 PM   #31
MVP

heitkamp94's Arena

OVR: 9

If glove color is your do or die selling point I think ya need to stop playing video games and get some counseling for the OCDC. I have had lots of fun with 08, and am still playing it 15+ seasons into my dynasty. My only real beef with the game is the presentation. I'd like to see more stat overlays and an accurate play by play and I'd pretty much be happy. The fact is that no matter what EA does someone is going to find something to pick apart and latch onto as to why "EA sucks....and they aren't gonna shell out anymore money".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2008, 09:54 PM   #32
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heitkamp94
If glove color is your do or die selling point I think ya need to stop playing video games and get some counseling for the OCDC. I have had lots of fun with 08, and am still playing it 15+ seasons into my dynasty. My only real beef with the game is the presentation. I'd like to see more stat overlays and an accurate play by play and I'd pretty much be happy. The fact is that no matter what EA does someone is going to find something to pick apart and latch onto as to why "EA sucks....and they aren't gonna shell out anymore money".
I'm still playing '08 too and my point was, how does ea screw this up? It is stupid to have pics with colored gloves and LSU wearing black and purple cleats. Where did I ever say gloves was a do or die selling point? Nowhere. I stated how pointless it is to do something like that. It's like they forget what they're supposed to be doing sometimes. '08 is ok, but it's missing several years of features we've been exposed to. I'm glad you're so easy to satisfy. I'm sure EA has plenty of numbskulls like yourself to eat out of their hands for many more years of bush league games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »