Home

Achievement - Player Interception Record

This is a discussion on Achievement - Player Interception Record within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Achievement - Player Interception Record

Has anyone accomplished this Achievement (intercept 5 passes with one player in a game)? I think the most INTs I've had in one game with one guy was 3. Any suggestions as to how to go about getting it? I've only got a few achievements left to get and this seems like it's going to be the hardest one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Achievement - Player Interception Record

play on lowest level
Old 03-25-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Has anyone accomplished this Achievement (intercept 5 passes with one player in a game)? I think the most INTs I've had in one game with one guy was 3. Any suggestions as to how to go about getting it? I've only got a few achievements left to get and this seems like it's going to be the hardest one.
Play as a safety. Call massive blitzes. Just give the slot WR or TE some cusion. The amount of pressure you apply with all of those blitzing players is going to cause the QB to throw the ball quicker. When the CPU throws the ball quicker most of the routes are just turned into small streaks bc the WR doesn't have time to run his entire route(usually).

Anyway just bait the QB into throwing to the slot WR or TE by giving cusion. You should be about 12-15 yards back off of the line of scrimmage and slightly inside of the WR or TE. The QB will drop back see the rush and if you make the reciever look open he'll throw to that reciever and you can prolly easily user pick 5 in a game.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sooner's right. I got 4 by blitzing 8 and having my 4 db's fall back in zone. oh and you should play with the safeties.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:41 PM   #5
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Icon12 Re: Achievement - Player Interception Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron2010
Sooner's right. I got 4 by blitzing 8 and having my 4 db's fall back in zone. oh and you should play with the safeties.
LOL having 12 defenders on the field would probably help!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2008, 04:47 PM   #6
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
Play as a safety. Call massive blitzes. Just give the slot WR or TE some cusion. The amount of pressure you apply with all of those blitzing players is going to cause the QB to throw the ball quicker. When the CPU throws the ball quicker most of the routes are just turned into small streaks bc the WR doesn't have time to run his entire route(usually).

Anyway just bait the QB into throwing to the slot WR or TE by giving cusion. You should be about 12-15 yards back off of the line of scrimmage and slightly inside of the WR or TE. The QB will drop back see the rush and if you make the reciever look open he'll throw to that reciever and you can prolly easily user pick 5 in a game.
Tried this once so far. Was against Texas Tech so they threw a lot, which was good. I rushed 7 and covered the rest man-to-man every time. Unfortunately I was not effective with the safety. I actually am used to using the FS or SS all the time, but usually as deep help for my CBs and LBs that are playing man. So I sucked at covering the HBs and TEs. The QB threw at me all day for about 10 completions and no interceptions! I did however have a CB that I was not controlling get 3 interceptions, and he dropped 2 more! When the QB was not throwing at me, the blitzes were effective. But it looks like I will need a lot of practice before I can do it with user picks.

It just occurred to me that maybe you were not necessarily advocating man coverage over zone. I was using man and that's why my safety was matched up on the HB a lot and the TE most of the other times. There were times that my SS was matched up on the 4th WR but I did not control him. So I guess there are a few more things to try there.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #7
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Tried this once so far. Was against Texas Tech so they threw a lot, which was good. I rushed 7 and covered the rest man-to-man every time. Unfortunately I was not effective with the safety. I actually am used to using the FS or SS all the time, but usually as deep help for my CBs and LBs that are playing man. So I sucked at covering the HBs and TEs. The QB threw at me all day for about 10 completions and no interceptions! I did however have a CB that I was not controlling get 3 interceptions, and he dropped 2 more! When the QB was not throwing at me, the blitzes were effective. But it looks like I will need a lot of practice before I can do it with user picks.

It just occurred to me that maybe you were not necessarily advocating man coverage over zone. I was using man and that's why my safety was matched up on the HB a lot and the TE most of the other times. There were times that my SS was matched up on the 4th WR but I did not control him. So I guess there are a few more things to try there.
I pick by "play type" and the play I use is under combo blitz's and I think its actually the first play the FS is zone coverage. All the LB's blitz. Pretty sure the SS is in man co he'll occasionally pick up that RB or TE for ya.You're blitzing plenty of people to take care of the runs espeially if you shift the line and LB's right. If you're on next gen 08 is hard to adjust to from 07 on user picks. You have to hit "y" or triangle alot earlier this year.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:42 PM   #8
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

I'm still not brave enough to try going for user picks. They just complete too many passes against my guy. I've devoted my dynasty to getting this achievement, stocking my defense as much as possible. I'm getting like 7-8 picks per game now in three games so far this season, haven't gotten more than 3 for one guy yet.

Does anyone know, what is the max quarter length you can have to get an achievement like this? I'm playing 6 minute quarters. I'd hate to not get the record because I have to use 5 min or something. On the other hand if I can bump it up to 7 or 8 min, I probably need to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »