Home

NCAA Football 09: Reason to Hope

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09: Reason to Hope within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2008, 04:33 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Football 09: Reason to Hope

Last I heard on 09, was all the moves a player with the ball uses will be mapped to the right analog stick. For example, press right on the stick to juke right, then roll toward down-left to spin the other way.

Its the natural extension of branch tackles, really.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #34
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14
I refuse to get hyped up about any news we hear from this year's game. We've been duped so many times in the past. Oh, I'll buy it at midnight release. I'm just not going to get stiff over any of EA's hype. There was a complaint posted that this article didn't have details. That wasn't the point. It's speculation about what we might be able to expect, what we should expect and a little background on the franchise's poor showing thus far on next-gen. As someone who writes for a living, I think the article is perfect for the moment. Obviously, there will be articles about details when details are available.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:54 AM   #35
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

This used to be my main game that I just couldn't be without. Now it's not even on my radar. Lack of presentation and gameplay has stressed me out way too much. I'll rent it but I just can't be hopeful about this game. What reasons do I have to be hopeful?
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitzki41
This used to be my main game that I just couldn't be without. Now it's not even on my radar. Lack of presentation and gameplay has stressed me out way too much. I'll rent it but I just can't be hopeful about this game. What reasons do I have to be hopeful?
Co-sign.

By the way, everyone who says the people on sport's game boards are the ones that shouldn't buy these games probably wouldn't really matter. It's the people who just buy NCAA every year because it is NCAA that are going to get the game regardless. If none of the "hard core" players bought the game this year they would lose maybe 100k in sales total and probably still crack a million off NCAA and 2 or 3 off Madden. EA is putting out a product that sells now, not a fan service game and I have lost faith in the series for this generation.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #37
Rookie

sooners03's Arena

OVR: 1

This used to be THE game for me. There would be multi-team dynasties played all over my frat house, lasting from release to release. Now, no one really gets that into the game anymore. Because it is simply a killjoy. We remember how great it was, and now, sitting down to the steaming piles of poo that EA has served up lately is kind of depressing.

'08 was the LAST time I just run out and buy the game saying "It's College Football". I guess I am sick of getting burned. It will take a real big-league showing from EA to win me back. Sadly, I don't see it coming.
Old 04-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #38
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
These are the kind of quotes that are hilarious.
I'm not trying to start anything.....but how drastic of a change has the final product been from the "alpha" and "wip" builds?

Imho...they're not as different as we'd like to think. Remember last years demo? The turnover fest that took place just in that short demo?.....what were the excuses then? "It's just a demo" "I'm sure this was from an earlier build","they still have time to fix it".....

What was the biggest issue with last years version? yep,thats right..the turnovers.
I would be willing to bet,that what we're seeing in these "alpha" builds is almost identical to what we'll see on release day.

As far as cats speaking their opinion....it boils down to them being fed up,and why not? why not be skeptical of these "alpha" and "wip" vids and screens. What has EA/Tiburon done to prove that these games (football) are making the strides necessary in this "next-generation" of gaming?
I didn't say the game wasn't without its flaws. I just said that its entertaining to me that year in and year out, people come into this forum and at the first sight of information or a screenshot of the next installment of NCAA. or any EA sports product for that matter, they quickly shoot it down, talk about how pointless it is, and re-state the same complaints and concerns that they had about the previous year's version and even the version before that.

If you don't like the game and "know" that its going to be a failure, then why bother visiting the forum? I mean, who are they trying to convince its a "bad" product, people who enjoy the series or themselves?

And you know whats even more entertaining? A majority of these people who claim that EA is ruining sports video games will go out at some point and buy the game and then come on here and complain about the same things they complained about before the game even released. How does that make any sense? "EA is ruining sports games, but I'll still give them my hard earned money so that I can justify what I knew was wrong with the game in the first place."

Or could it be that they actually like the product, but hate the developer? I think that seems to be more the case then not.

I know people are still upset over the fact that EA has exclusive rights, but come on, its been a few years now, can't we move on?

I am not trying to turn this into a debate nor a pissing contest, but this same ol song and dance is getting old and stale.

And now I'll await the inevitable retaliation from the anti-EA cavalry.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 04-02-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:06 PM   #39
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I didn't say the game wasn't without its flaws. I just said that its entertaining to me that year in and year out, people come into this forum and at the first sight of information or a screenshot of the next installment of NCAA. or any EA sports product for that matter, they quickly shoot it down, talk about how pointless it is, and re-state the same complaints and concerns that they had about the previous year's version and even the version before that.

If you don't like the game and "know" that its going to be a failure, then why bother visiting the forum? I mean, who are they trying to convince its a "bad" product, people who enjoy the series or themselves?

And you know whats even more entertaining? A majority of these people who claim that EA is ruining sports video games will go out at some point and buy the game and then come on here and complain about the same things they complained about before the game even released. How does that make any sense? "EA is ruining sports games, but I'll still give them my hard earned money so that I can justify what I knew was wrong with the game in the first place."

Or could it be that they actually like the product, but hate the developer? I think that seems to be more the case then not.

I know people are still upset over the fact that EA has exclusive rights, but come on, its been a few years now, can't we move on?

I am not trying to turn this into a debate nor a pissing contest, but this same ol song and dance is getting old and stale.

And now I'll await the inevitable retaliation from the anti-EA cavalry.
I understand where you're coming from.
But like you said....every year it's the same thing....we get "wip" screens and vids,and every year we get the same argument of how can the game be judged this early,when in fact the game is really not that much different from what we see in these "early" builds.
As far as WHO makes the game, it makes no difference to me,all I want is a somewhat realistic version of the sport thats being portrayed.

I agree as well about the cats you speak of,that in itself is just about as entertaining as the actual game. I do know (for myself) that the next gen version of football video games have dropped from a "must have" status to a "wait and see" approach.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 04-02-2008, 08:25 PM   #40
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
I understand where you're coming from.
But like you said....every year it's the same thing....we get "wip" screens and vids,and every year we get the same argument of how can the game be judged this early,when in fact the game is really not that much different from what we see in these "early" builds.
As far as WHO makes the game, it makes no difference to me,all I want is a somewhat realistic version of the sport thats being portrayed.

I agree as well about the cats you speak of,that in itself is just about as entertaining as the actual game. I do know (for myself) that the next gen version of football video games have dropped from a "must have" status to a "wait and see" approach.
I agree that at least for me, the PS3 version last year was not near as playable, nor did it create the same "atmosphere" as its PS2 counterpart.

And the reason we get the same argument as to how the game can be judged on early builds is because year in and year out we get the same ol' "bashing", for lack of a better term, of EA at every single screenshot, video, and/or information. Its frustrating to view a thread that has info about the game, only to find it littered with the negative comments about EA then it is with the actual info that one is trying to read upon. Instead of it being "discussed" it seems to always be "argued" and people who like the new info/video/screenshot are ambushed with the "How and Why" questions.

One shouldn't have to defend their enjoyment of a game because others, many others seemingly, dislike the game. And I feel that is where this forum is heading, if not there already.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 04-02-2008 at 08:29 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »