Home

NCAA Football 09: Reason to Hope

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09: Reason to Hope within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2008, 08:51 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: NCAA Football 09: Reason to Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I agree that at least for me, the PS3 version last year was not near as playable, nor did it create the same "atmosphere" as its PS2 counterpart.

And the reason we get the same argument as to how the game can be judged on early builds is because year in and year out we get the same ol' "bashing", for lack of a better term, of EA at every single screenshot, video, and/or information. Its frustrating to view a thread that has info about the game, only to find it littered with the negative comments about EA then it is with the actual info that one is trying to read upon. Instead of it being "discussed" it seems to always be "argued" and people who like the new info/video/screenshot are ambushed with the "How and Why" questions.

One shouldn't have to defend their enjoyment of a game because others, many others seemingly, dislike the game. And I feel that is where this forum is heading, if not there already.
We are seeing a once great series dying in front of our eyes. NCAA 2004 and 2007 last gen are some of the greatest sports games ever but we have waited and spent our hard earn dollars for a series that is going down the drain.

I think we are venting against EA's public relation machine. I have never seen as much negativity regarding NCAA series. Gamers are getting tired of being played.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #42
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
We are seeing a once great series dying in front of our eyes. NCAA 2004 and 2007 last gen are some of the greatest sports games ever but we have waited and spent our hard earn dollars for a series that is going down the drain.

I think we are venting against EA's public relation machine. I have never seen as much negativity regarding NCAA series. Gamers are getting tired of being played.

Peace
I don't view the series as dying before our eyes, but thats my opinion obviously. I see it as a series that is having trouble taking advantage of the new hardware. Last year, the PS3 version was hard to play because of the 30fps mainly and the turnover glitch was annoying.

I played the 360 version post-patch and thought that it wasn't a bad game. It got the job done, but left something to be desired.

And the question that I will pose to your post is this. If players are tired of "being played" by the EA public relation "machine" then why do they continue to spend their hard earned dollars as you said?

I mean, fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-02-2008, 10:18 PM   #43
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
I don't view the series as dying before our eyes, but thats my opinion obviously. I see it as a series that is having trouble taking advantage of the new hardware. Last year, the PS3 version was hard to play because of the 30fps mainly and the turnover glitch was annoying.

I played the 360 version post-patch and thought that it wasn't a bad game. It got the job done, but left something to be desired.

And the question that I will pose to your post is this. If players are tired of "being played" by the EA public relation "machine" then why do they continue to spend their hard earned dollars as you said?

I mean, fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
I think more and more gamers are leaning towards "wait and see" versus first day purchase.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:27 PM   #44
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
I think more and more gamers are leaning towards "wait and see" versus first day purchase.
I know I am.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-02-2008, 10:47 PM   #45
Chi-Town Hustla

deebo2246's Arena

OVR: 10

Just a thought for everyone.... Isn't the juke moves being mapped to the right stick kinda 2K5ish????

Why is everyone so excited about this and not talking about gameplay? Gameplay and authenticity is what matters in sports games and that is why NBA 2K8 and The Show are looked at in such high regards. Once the developers get back to the basics then and only then will football videogames become viable to me again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2008, 11:00 PM   #46
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I agree that at least for me, the PS3 version last year was not near as playable, nor did it create the same "atmosphere" as its PS2 counterpart.

And the reason we get the same argument as to how the game can be judged on early builds is because year in and year out we get the same ol' "bashing", for lack of a better term, of EA at every single screenshot, video, and/or information. Its frustrating to view a thread that has info about the game, only to find it littered with the negative comments about EA then it is with the actual info that one is trying to read upon. Instead of it being "discussed" it seems to always be "argued" and people who like the new info/video/screenshot are ambushed with the "How and Why" questions.

One shouldn't have to defend their enjoyment of a game because others, many others seemingly, dislike the game. And I feel that is where this forum is heading, if not there already.
Kinda sounds like the MLB 2k forums....LOL. But yea,I know what you're saying.
I enjoy seeing the early screenshots and what-not,and while I do admit that it does get old with the early criticism's,are we supposed to not say anything?

This is all opinion (obviously..lol) but to me it seems EA is going for the "WOW" factor with the graphics on the current gen of consoles (ps3,360) instead of bringing the gameplay up to the same level of detail.
Again,for me it's more out of frustration than anything else,and the "wait till next year" slogan was seriously played out last gen...and now here we are in current gen,and the same thing is being said.

I just feel that SO MUCH more can be done to improve the gameplay. In alot of ways it reminds me of last gen,only with better graphics.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 04-03-2008, 10:00 AM   #47
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Kinda sounds like the MLB 2k forums....LOL. But yea,I know what you're saying.
I enjoy seeing the early screenshots and what-not,and while I do admit that it does get old with the early criticism's,are we supposed to not say anything?

This is all opinion (obviously..lol) but to me it seems EA is going for the "WOW" factor with the graphics on the current gen of consoles (ps3,360) instead of bringing the gameplay up to the same level of detail.
Again,for me it's more out of frustration than anything else,and the "wait till next year" slogan was seriously played out last gen...and now here we are in current gen,and the same thing is being said.

I just feel that SO MUCH more can be done to improve the gameplay. In alot of ways it reminds me of last gen,only with better graphics.
I love the improved graphics, as I imagine everyone does. I want them to get all the small things/details right since that should be a given. There are way too many issues with gameplay. When I go down to Baton Rouge to play a Rivalry Game, I want it to feel like I'm playing one of the best teams in one of the toughest environments. I want them to perform like a great team and manage the clock and try to throw me off balance and all. CPU AI is horrible and they do a terrible job managing the clock and calling plays. And the only difference in the top-notch Defense they have and my average D, is the fact that they take my HB's head off with a bone-crushing tackle that doesn't even look like a half-*** tackle, and causes me to fumble 4 times.

People can say all they want about this being a really good game, but there is so much that EA left out that we've had in the past. They have no excuses. If this game were only PS2's version of '07 on next gen with the next gen graphics and '08 rosters, I think we'd all totally understand. Hey, it's your first real year on Next Gen and we'll give you this year to catch up. I still don't understand how they expected for anyone to be happy after morphing backwards several years.

If they've read any of these boards or noticed any of the concerned customers' complaints, they'd be advertising this as the greatest thing ever. Not just right analog juking. If they were truly proud of what they've done, they'd be setting us up for the greatest CFB game ever.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #48
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
as they should be, especially if they have been "burned" by the series before.

I myself, will be once again purchasing this game day one. I am a huge football fan and have always been satisfied with this series.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »