Home

First in-game footage

This is a discussion on First in-game footage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #73
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: First in-game footage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
WHOA WHOA SPANK LETS NOT GET AHEAD OF OURSELVES! LMAO. NBA Live is the WORST besides March Madness.
LOL - okay that made me laugh out loud

The which game has worse anims argument is still debateable imo. It is stretching it if I implied that the EA football games are far worse though; they're both very disappointing imo. I'm not sure why either. The new juke system they're implementing looks very good even in it's early form - as far as the jukes themselves go. It seems like any other action players do looks weird - open field running, pitch outs, handoffs, practically every QB animation, tackles, WR catches and route running, etc... Even how they move robotically post-play. That's why I was feeling they were worse than Live

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-02-2008, 05:50 PM   #74
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
LOL - okay that made me laugh out loud

The which game has worse anims argument is still debateable imo. It is stretching it if I implied that the EA football games are far worse though; they're both very disappointing imo. I'm not sure why either. The new juke system they're implementing looks very good even in it's early form - as far as the jukes themselves go. It seems like any other action players do looks weird - open field running, pitch outs, handoffs, practically every QB animation, tackles, WR catches and route running, etc... Even how they move robotically post-play. That's why I was feeling they were worse than Live
Trust me spank I definitely understand where you're coming from. Its like something happens when the motion captured animations EA takes get translated into the game, as far as football and b ball are concerned.

Whats funny to me is that in the current gen I thought EA had some of the best animations they just didn't have enough of them. Now its like they don't look good, and they aren't varied enough. Some of the animations EA has in their games, I just can't picture an actual person doing those actions. They just look so awkward. 2k isn't innocent as they have some pretty bad animations that make you wonder how the hell they got in the game as well, but the good outweighs the bad IMO.

That's the main problem I have with EA. If they had enough good going on they would get a pass from gamers(at least from me) just as it seems 2k gets a "pass". EA just has to work a lot harder to get my money nowadays than they used to. From the way things are looking and sounding, doesn't seem like they're working hard enough this year. I really hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like it. I pray tho, because I really want a good football game that I can play multiple seasons in *nudges 2k*.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #75
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
People are looking for a realistic representation of football in every way, shape or form. It's gameplay and it's also presentation. In a real football game, there are officials on the field, chain gangs on the sidelines, etc. Just because you want that doesn't mean you don't care about gameplay. The "it's all about gameplay and only gameplay" crowd cracks me up. It's like they suck their thumb, pound their feet and scream, "NO! NO! NO! It's all about gameplay! I don't care about presentation! Don't talk about presentation! NO! NO! NO!"

A video game is a total package: gameplay, presentation, graphics, extras (like dynasty mode), online, etc. Does every post about graphics have to be prefaced with everything someone notices about gameplay first?
Great post. I feel the same way. People shouldn't be so short sighted by saying "it's all about the gameplay." Like you said, it's really all about the entire package. People really should expect more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 3

I understan where all of this anger and resentment comes from. Why present "new features" that have, and should have been, in the game the whole time. Its really sad that there are NO firstdown markers. NO refs on the field. I wish players would STRETCH for the first down or something realistic. The video kind of let me down. I wont get hyped up just yet. If they showcase something different then i'll be willing to forget the crap i've just seen hahahahahah
Old 04-03-2008, 03:31 PM   #77
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Damn... that'll really ruin the gameplay, huh?

Just playing... I just think it's funny that those are really the things that people look for.
No those are things people have been begging for. For years now
Old 04-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #78
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Great post. I feel the same way. People shouldn't be so short sighted by saying "it's all about the gameplay." Like you said, it's really all about the entire package. People really should expect more.
Your right in a way, but gameplay is the most important. To me this game still looks stiff as hell. The gameplay seems like last years game. Im not to happy with this and EA at all.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #79
MVP

Artman22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageTheInfinite
Trust me spank I definitely understand where you're coming from. Its like something happens when the motion captured animations EA takes get translated into the game, as far as football and b ball are concerned.

Whats funny to me is that in the current gen I thought EA had some of the best animations they just didn't have enough of them. Now its like they don't look good, and they aren't varied enough. Some of the animations EA has in their games, I just can't picture an actual person doing those actions. They just look so awkward. 2k isn't innocent as they have some pretty bad animations that make you wonder how the hell they got in the game as well, but the good outweighs the bad IMO.

That's the main problem I have with EA. If they had enough good going on they would get a pass from gamers(at least from me) just as it seems 2k gets a "pass". EA just has to work a lot harder to get my money nowadays than they used to. From the way things are looking and sounding, doesn't seem like they're working hard enough this year. I really hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like it. I pray tho, because I really want a good football game that I can play multiple seasons in *nudges 2k*.
I completely agree with u. EA just cant make smooth looking animations for next gen..
Old 04-03-2008, 03:47 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 20

EA is a joke. I'm gonna pass on this year too.

Red October
On the road to Vick-tory

Nas = GOAT

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »