Home

First in-game footage

This is a discussion on First in-game footage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-31-2008, 08:49 PM   #57
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: First in-game footage

Wow, those tackling animations are atrocious and worse than what we saw during old-gen. The models look better but the combo of awkward animations and poor physics make it look comical.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:56 PM   #58
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Most of yall are acting like this is IT!! This is a video pretty much based off last year's graphics. They were just showing the takling animations, and they still have plenty of time to add things. Just because there was no refs, coaches, chain gang on this video doesn't mean it there is no chance of it to be on there. Some say they only have 90 days to complete the game. Well that is enough time to add things and do it. What I'm saying is, don't bust the game because of the FIRST video of the game. Wait till late May or June to determine if it will be a good game.
Old 03-31-2008, 10:07 PM   #59
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
Wow, those tackling animations are atrocious and worse than what we saw during old-gen. The models look better but the combo of awkward animations and poor physics make it look comical.
I can already see my new "most hated" of 2009....the drag the hand across the helmet spinning attack tackle...in the short time we see the game running it happens too much already. Joy
Old 03-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
Most of yall are acting like this is IT!! This is a video pretty much based off last year's graphics. They were just showing the takling animations, and they still have plenty of time to add things. Just because there was no refs, coaches, chain gang on this video doesn't mean it there is no chance of it to be on there. Some say they only have 90 days to complete the game. Well that is enough time to add things and do it. What I'm saying is, don't bust the game because of the FIRST video of the game. Wait till late May or June to determine if it will be a good game.
You must be new to EA sports products huh.......

We are vets when it comes to things like this...lol
Old 03-31-2008, 10:25 PM   #61
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan

ummm no. I've an EA gamer since the 90s. But I also have seen things change from the first video to the last.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2008, 01:07 AM   #62
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Tiburon added a similar, but less refined juking system to Madden in 07 (last-gen), and nothing feels better than breaking down defenders manually. Since pulling off those moves felt pretty good and was implemented fairly well on aging hardware, I can only imagine how much better it will feel on the next-gen engine (looked damn good in that clip).

I can already tell I'm gonna be jumping out of my seat when I'm ripping off moves like that on the fly
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 04-01-2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:26 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan

I agree. This is the game we are getting in the Fall. We been through this before hoping the game can get better but the old heads know this is the final product. If people like last year game then fine but those of us that remember NCAA series for being a great football game is disappointed with next gen.

The new interview that was pulled off game trailers talked about animated cheerleaders. We wanted to hear about game play and I know this is really early but my faith in NCAA series is fading fast.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #64
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Damn... that'll really ruin the gameplay, huh?

Just playing... I just think it's funny that those are really the things that people look for.
Oh, I agree, it's not essential to gameplay... it just adds to the feel of the game, ya know?

Besides, almost every game for what, ten years, before this generation of sports games had these things... and now suddenly they are gone. It just doesn't make sense, especially with the power of these consoles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »