Home

Dont fall for the HYPE!!!

This is a discussion on Dont fall for the HYPE!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #49
Rookie

I OU aBeatn's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Dont fall for the HYPE!!!

I was a fan of NCAA '08. It had issues, but it was a definite step in the right direction, and I still play it. I'm excited about all the new features, including formation audibles, new player motions, new juke system better passing control, etc etc.. The list goes on and on, which is why this is the most excited I've been for a game to come out since '04. Hopefully EA won't let me down.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:03 PM   #50
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Like I said before - hating/bashing is the equivalent of people always giving them the benefit of the doubt - which also seems to be the "thing to do nowadays" whether they are deserving or not.
I am not giving them the benefit of the doubt. I was just as discouraged that they omitted last gen features for this long, but what am I going to do? Complain? Ok, I said my piece that I was upset and then moved on.

When I am saying that people are hating/bashing the game, its for threads like this. No one has even played the game yet, but they are already declaring it a failure. Are they doing this because of past history? Perhaps to a degree. Are they doing this because its EA? I say thats the main reason.

And are you sure we are giving them the benefit of the doubt? Or are we just not repeating the same negative comments that have been mentioned every year since the exclusive deal was signed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by umd
Quite the conundrum. 08 was an average game in the scope of the entire series. After 3 years into next gen this game needs to show more than a minor improvement. Improving from the first next gen NCAA game doesnt say much. I've been very disappointed in my favorite series since it has hit next gen.

And for those raving about "post-patch" 08 don't get me started. It wasn't that great a patch and it took way too long post release.
I enjoyed the game post-patch for the 360. But thats my opinion and obviously your opinion is different. I am not going to go back and forth on this because neither one of us is going to change the other's mind. So we'll leave it at that.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-08-2008, 09:24 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 32

I am just waiting for August 15th. Let see how many people that are defending the game will still be playing the game.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2008, 10:26 PM   #52
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I am just waiting for August 15th. Let see how many people that are defending the game will still be playing the game.

Peace
I will....I guarantee it!

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-08-2008, 10:42 PM   #53
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Man oh man, some of you guys need to chill out. This game is what, 3 months away? Seems like the bashing/anointing start earlier and earlier.

I thought last years game was ok. Better post patch, but the ps2 version was still better than next gen imo. Im hoping this is the year we see that change.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:37 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 23

i just dont understand how so many people can simply look past the drastic flaws of these games year in and year out...

what is it going to take for people to stop buying?

dont tell me something is authentic, or a representation of a sport, and then release something that in NOT authentic, ie stadiums, and not a real representation of the sport... ncaa and madden both play WAY TOO arcade like, to be a true representation of what football is...

also... why do the folks at ea, insist on putting those stupid, "#1 selling pro football game" stickers on their madden boxes??? how much of a slap in the face is that to 2k... lol... however 2k did start doing that with their MLB and NBA games.... lmao...

all i am saying is that they seem like they dont try, with the next gen games, and it pisses me off.... i am simply trying to tell people to wait and see, or buy the game used, so EA does not get all your cash for creating ****... thats it.... thats all im here to do...

think, before you buy...
Old 04-09-2008, 01:38 AM   #55
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
i just dont understand how so many people can simply look past the drastic flaws of these games year in and year out...

what is it going to take for people to stop buying?

dont tell me something is authentic, or a representation of a sport, and then release something that in NOT authentic, ie stadiums, and not a real representation of the sport... ncaa and madden both play WAY TOO arcade like, to be a true representation of what football is...

also... why do the folks at ea, insist on putting those stupid, "#1 selling pro football game" stickers on their madden boxes??? how much of a slap in the face is that to 2k... lol... however 2k did start doing that with their MLB and NBA games.... lmao...

all i am saying is that they seem like they dont try, with the next gen games, and it pisses me off.... i am simply trying to tell people to wait and see, or buy the game used, so EA does not get all your cash for creating ****... thats it.... thats all im here to do...

think, before you buy...
Thanks for telling me how to spend my money and what games I should and should not enjoy. Much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2008, 06:14 AM   #56
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Thanks for telling me how to spend my money and what games I should and should not enjoy. Much appreciated.
Its so true. The 2K haters act as though 2K5 was the holy grail of football gaming and refuse to acknowledge that others might actually like another game over theirs. Of course if you do prefer an EA game, its because you are a sheep and/or don't know football. The much over-hyped legend of 2K5 has grown to sickening proportions. If people don't like an EA football game that's fine but I'm pretty sure I will enjoy NCAA '09 a lot and I don't need anyone to help me "open my eyes".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »