Home

What's your greatest/most exciting NCAA victory?

This is a discussion on What's your greatest/most exciting NCAA victory? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #17
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: What's your greatest/most exciting NCAA victory?

Ray Rice breaking about 7 tackles in one play to score the game winning 2 point conversion in the 5th OT against WVU.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:29 PM   #18
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Can't quite remember the year or final score. But it was in this year's game. I was in my 5th or 6th season and I had a WR/KR that won returner of the year for 3 years. He had 98 spd and 99 acc. I was playing a home game with Ole Miss against Auburn and I was undefeated. I couldn't stop them on their final drive and they score to go up by 4 with 4 seconds left on the clock. I was so pissed because I couldn't stop them, no matter what D I called. I had to pause the game and think for a minute, I was that pissed. Well, I told myself I would try to run it back if they kicked to Miles' side of the field but I'd fair catch it or let it go if it was deep enough. They kicked to Miles and I juked once into the middle of the field and everyone bit that way. A spin to the outside and he was gone with a couple good blocks. I won by 3 with no time when he got into the endzone. That was the best ending, not to be an overtime game that I've ever played.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #19
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon14 Re: What's your greatest/most exciting NCAA victory?

Man, so many, they all blur together. All of these are NCAA 08 unless otherwise specified.

Online, so many comebacks and intense wins. At least a dozen that were really exciting but I can only remember a handful of them anymore.
I remember one in particular against WVU where with almost no time left and down by four, I threw an out route to Louis Murphy at the 5 yard line, he bowled over the defender to get into the end zone for the game-winning score.
I played one on NCAA 07 against a guy named Tebow15Gators2006 or something. I chose Florida and to my great offense he chose Ohio State. Which by the way was about the 10th time I'd played the national championship game rematch online, it had gotten really old. So I decided since he's named Tebow I'll bench Leak and beat him with Tebow. Sure enough, playing roughly a B-rated overall team against OSU's A-rated team I kicked his ***, he was leading early but I dominated down the stretch for about a 10 point win.
On Dynasty, I was trying to get Idaho from 1 star to 6 star. In the second season I had promised a WAC conference championship to many recruits but I had already lost to Hawaii and was trailing by like 24 points to begin the 4th quarter against Nevada. Roared back to pull within 3 points (including 2 successful onside kicks) with a few seconds left, then hit the clutch 49 yard field goal to send it to OT. Went to like 3 OTs and then I finally intercepted them to get a stop. Just needed a field goal but I lost yards on first and second down! But I was able to hit the FG from 51 yards out to win it in OT.
On Campus Legend, with a WR playing at Cal, I had an awesome comeback against Oregon, was down by 14 points late in the 4th quarter, but my legend had a huge punt return to set up my first TD, then a long catch-breaktackle-run for the game-tying score and eventually the win. One of the first games where my legend lived up to the title.
And maybe my favorite mode was just a play-now game. I was screwing around trying to get the Passing Record achievement (700+ yards in a game). Was playing All-American level with the Gators against Tennessee. I'd been throwing almost every down obviously but was playing fairly legit defense on 6 minute quarters. This was my first attempt at the record and as I got close I really wanted to do it in one shot and not have to try again. Comes down to the end, I have about 15 seconds to go and need about 50 passing yards from my own 30, no timeouts. I complete a pass for about 14 yards in the middle of the field, run up to the line, and get the snap off for the next play with barely 1 second left. Tebow gets pressured, primary (deep) receivers are covered, Tebow does a shoulder-turn to dodge a tackle, finds Louis Murphy coming across the field so I throw it to him, about 15 yards short of what I needed for the record. The trailing defender dives... but Murphy high-steps it to break free! Just barely gets to the corner and turns up the sideline to get past the safety, runs it in for the TD, I break the record and get the achievement by the slimmest of margins.

Last edited by TrevJo; 04-08-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:03 PM   #20
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Mine was on '07 I believe. I was in a dynasty with Arkansas and I was playing at Alabama. They were ranked and it was my first big test. I went into halftime down 28-7. Opening kick-off of the third quarter I returned it for a touchdown, and it was on! The game was tied at 28 with 2 minutes left when they kicked a field goal to take a 3-pt lead. With 25 seconds left I had the ball at the 50 on a 4th and 8. No one was open so I hit DMAC in the flats, he broke it for 50 yards and the win!
Old 04-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #21
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

And the worst (besides online losses) was in my Idaho dynasty, year 3 of my 1-star to 6-star dynasty, playing against A+ rated Tennessee. Wasn't going to win the national title but had a chance to get into a BCS game for the second year in a row if I could win, plus I had some top recruits visiting.

With 2 minutes left, down by 4, I forced a third and long and intercepted Crompton on the sideline to get the ball at my own 40. With only one timeout left, I drove down the field, and used the timeout with 17 seconds left, 3rd and 2 at the 5 yard line. Got tight end Peter Bjorvik matched up against a corner and hit him for the score, Vandals up 17-14. LaMarcus Coker got a decent kickoff return, and then the Vols completed a pass for 9 yards to set up one last play with 2 seconds left. I rushed 4 but got no pressure, Crompton waited, waited, and his 98 speed WR burned my top corner (who only has 88 speed) and my lousy freshman starting SS (thanks to Penn State stealing my recrootz) for a hail mary TD with no time left. Was awful, but I did get revenge in Tennessee's house the next season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2008, 05:25 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 8

A 43-37 4 OT victory with LSU in my dynasty over Penn State in the National Championship game.

I failed on the 2 point conversion, but was able to pick them off in the endzone to win it.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #23
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Best game EVER it was on 06...I was my beloved Gators playing at Tennessee down by 6. Tennessee had just scored to take the lead back. I recieved the kickoff with like :06 to go, so i ran to the sideline cuz I knew I would have to get Leak to fire one to win (returning kicks is not my forte lol)....I get Caldwell to cross over tthe middle bam he's wide, my other 3 WRs i sent deep on some fly patterns....Caldwell made 2 moves and BAM he was free to run down the middle of the field, tied it up with the TD and kicked the XP for the win. Its also still my longest pass at 96 yds... God smiled upon the Gators that day, and urintaed on the Vols...I hate Tennessee so its just perfect for me that I did that to Tennessee

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »