Home

Dont fall for the HATE!!!

This is a discussion on Dont fall for the HATE!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #65
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Dont fall for the HATE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I wasn't disappointed.
Same

My Video Game Streams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2008, 01:44 PM   #66
MVP

BDawg35's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Seriously, do we really need a thread to bash the game before it's even out? I, like many of you, have a lot of issues with this game as well but the list released so far looks like 09 may actually be a return to form for EA. Use this thread to talk about the positive impressions you may have of the previews of the game.
EA has done nothing in its next-gen football games to inspire blind enthusiasm. I am taking a wait-and-see approach. I have been encouraged by some of the new features (online dynasty, roster sharing) but we haven't even seen how they will be implemented.

So, what do I have to go on until we actually play '09? I have '08. 'Nuff said.

Call it "hate" if you want, because that's the cool slang term of the day. I call it being a discerning customer.
Old 04-13-2008, 01:57 PM   #67
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDawg35
EA has done nothing in its next-gen football games to inspire blind enthusiasm. I am taking a wait-and-see approach. I have been encouraged by some of the new features (online dynasty, roster sharing) but we haven't even seen how they will be implemented.

So, what do I have to go on until we actually play '09? I have '08. 'Nuff said.

Call it "hate" if you want, because that's the cool slang term of the day. I call it being a discerning customer.

You may very well be a discerning customer, but there are people who will bash/hate this game for the sole reason that its EA.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 04-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #68
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
You may very well be a discerning customer, but there are people who will bash/hate this game for the sole reason that its EA.
I think EA benefits a lot of the time because of the lessened expectations placed upon them. Think about it - what games exist in next gen where people would actually be thankful if it were brought up to snuff with the last gen game? I don't see people holding the past against NHL '08 or FIFA '08, despite both games having rough times initially in next gen. When EA was going to charge for DLC in everything from alternate unis in Madden/NCAA to extra weapons in Battlefield, it's more the expectation than the exception. I don't begrudge them trying to make extra cash, but c'mon - they've had mostly poor next gen sports games, and to charge for extras that were free last gen on top of that? At least they've backed down on the charging for unis and weapons stuff - but why go in that direction in the first place?

People get on EA because of it's games and business practices. Even though they have all these exclusive licenses, they could easily shut most people up by producing high quality games. You have to admit EA sets themselves up for most of the criticism they receive.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #69
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
People get on EA because of it's games and business practices. Even though they have all these exclusive licenses, they could easily shut most people up by producing high quality games. You have to admit EA sets themselves up for most of the criticism they receive.
Hiliarity.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:16 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't really see why you're worried about convincing people to buy the game. The fact that the game obviously can't speak for itself, and a thread like this needs to be made, isn't a good sign for the series.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:22 PM   #71
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallidevils
I don't really see why you're worried about convincing people to buy the game. The fact that the game obviously can't speak for itself, and a thread like this needs to be made, isn't a good sign for the series.
this thread was made because of the thread..."Don't Fall for the Hype". You know, the one started by the guy trying to convince people not to buy the game.

And I am not trying to convince anyone of anything and neither was the original poster. These days, the NCAA/Madden forums are littered with people who hate the game, bash the game, and make it difficult to have "positive" discussion about the game, because for every positive comment made about the game, there are at least 5 negative ones.

Read thru this thread and you'll see my point.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2008, 04:25 PM   #72
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22

Sorry I won't admit anything, especially with people creating threads to convince people not to buy NCAA '09 three months prior to release because they feel its an inferior product. Or when people who complained the last two years because last gen features have not been added to the next gen games, and now that they are, they are screaming about, well these features aren't new. And then trying to find something else to complain about.

And it doesn't matter how great of a game EA produces, because so long as it says EA and not 2K people are going to criticize it.

No, sorry, I won't admit anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »