Home

create-a-team

This is a discussion on create-a-team within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: will c.a.t. be in ncaa09?
yes 10 18.87%
no 43 81.13%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #25
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Icon10 Re: create-a-team

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
I feel you on this one. I dont understand this... This game is licensed so we can play with our favorite college teams...Why would you want to create a team? Go get a generic game & create away but I dont see wasting the space on something like this...

hehehehe wouldn't that be nice!!! an alternative to EA football with customization would be AWESOME.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2008, 12:48 AM   #26
Pro

StayPlation82's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: create-a-team

I think it adds longevity to the game, something else to do, once you get down with a lot of the features you start creating and i like to create the Senior Bowl Squads for the co-op experience.

to take it to the next level, they should put a uniform editor in for dynasty mode so when a few years go by in my dynasty i can go to my editor and lets say for Auburn, get some unique Under Armour jersey styles and use those to create a new look for the next five years or so until i get tired of them, all while keeping my originals as my classics. sort of like madden used to have in franchise. but let me use the college logos from my team. feel me?
Old 05-01-2008, 04:20 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
Can someone explain the fascination with create-a-team to me? I really just don't get it....
The fascination is because games allow people to step into roles they wouldn't otherwise be in. For me I like creating my old elementary school, due to the fact that we wore royal blue and white and our logo was a white star it's relatively easy to turn our flag football uni's into tackle football uni's.

Also like people said, people like to build their own programs literally...for me I just like things to be custom. I love customization. With EA adding the stadium music thing I can already see the possibility of blending the energy of a Saturday Night SEC game with the atmosphere of a SWAC game. 65,000 people screaming while the band is playing "Neck".
Old 05-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #28
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSherrod
Can someone explain the fascination with create-a-team to me? I really just don't get it....
Its the same fascination one might have with CAP. people create themselves and put them in the game at whatever position.

I dont care one way or the other for this feature. I have used it on the ps2 days and always replaced Northwestern in the Big Ten. I understand why people would like to add this. It gives them a little more excitement after all its a video game
Old 05-01-2008, 06:16 PM   #29
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Feature would've been alot better for me if you could alter existing teams logo's color. When I played in high school we used the K-State Logo on our helmet, but we were black and gold. Would've loved to alter the color from purple.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:19 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 14

its because youre / we're creative and somewhat controll freaks .
ps2 = 2 years and they cant put decent outlines for the numbers. or better old school facemasks or no facemasks at all as a choice. or the ability to make really old school uniforms. or the ability to put the primary and secondary color where ever you want. I like artificial fields for that 1970s feel .

I make a damn good uniform. a few more decent logos would be nice / better. there are those of us who take pride in really being able to texturize a color from the basic choices

golds and silvers are the hardest to be happy about though.

Im suprised I dont see more of you guys posting pictures of your created teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »