Home

Should I get 08?

This is a discussion on Should I get 08? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Should I get 08?

Depends. Which camera view did you use in previous gen. There are a handful of us that always played in overhead view and could never make the adjustment to the next gen view. Still hoping for new camera views this year. :crossesfingers:
Old 04-17-2008, 10:22 AM   #10
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Should I get 08?

It depends how realistic you need it to be. As previously mentioned, the big problem with the game is the interceptions....which is compounded by the fact that they often go for TD's or big returns.

It is almost a unanimous view that the CPU throws too many easy picks. You can pretty much count on at least one Pick-6 per game.

There is a little more debate with user picks. Some of the more skilled players say it is all within the users control. I tend to side the other way as too often I have had an open WR, but a linebacker warps over to make a play....or a defender jumps a route before the reciever has even made a cut.

If you can accept this flaw before getting the game, you might enjoy it. If you try to fix the problem with sliders and house rules, you are in for an excercise in frustration.

The visuals in '08 are great (especially the stadiums), the shrine is cool and there are some nice features. But I spent many moments last fall wondering if I wouldn't have been having more fun playing '04.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »