Home

STILL NO REFS ON THE FIELD!!!!

This is a discussion on STILL NO REFS ON THE FIELD!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2008, 01:34 AM   #25
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: STILL NO REFS ON THE FIELD!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
What merits? There are none. You know it, which is why you had to go out of your way to qualify your statement. There's no need to debate your transparency.
If there weren't, would've been simple to disprove then. But easier just to continue making the same stupid azz statements alluding to everything and saying nothing. Not going down this rode yet again w/you on this subject, especially when it's so laughably silly

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2008, 01:37 AM   #26
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
If there weren't, would've been simple to disprove then. But easier just to continue making the same stupid azz statements alluding to everything and saying nothing. Not going down this rode yet again w/you on this subject, especially when it's so laughably silly
Yes your transparency is laughably silly. Again your argument had no merits. It was simply an attempt to stoke the anti-EA fires. I didn't need to allude to anything. I just found it hilarious you're talking about hypocrisy and trying to say you're not trying to start a 2k vs. EA war. That's like Richard Nixon saying he's not a crook. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true, or in your case much like Nixon's even believable.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #27
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerful
Calm Down fellas... Its still not too late to implement these small changes in the developement of the game... Just keep your fingers crossed. I know I am!
It's been confirmed that there will be no refs. The below is a quote from Phil Frazier who is the producer of Madden. He's been providing some insight to the fans on the EA Madden forums. I'm only assuming that the same applies to NCAA:

"Re: Refs - We have seen the many posts that clearly indicate the fact that refs on the field is important. That being said, we have not added refs to the field during gampley in Madden 09. I do understand why many consider this an important detail so I'll make sure it's discussed as we start to talk about Madden 2010, which is very soon. I do feel like we've made significant improvements (details coming soon) to the overall level of presentation in the game this year. I hope you are all as happy as we are with the changes that we made."
Old 04-18-2008, 09:09 AM   #28
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yes your transparency is laughably silly. Again your argument had no merits. It was simply an attempt to stoke the anti-EA fires. I didn't need to allude to anything. I just found it hilarious you're talking about hypocrisy and trying to say you're not trying to start a 2k vs. EA war. That's like Richard Nixon saying he's not a crook. Just because you say it, doesn't make it true, or in your case much like Nixon's even believable.
Here's what I said:

Quote:
It won't become important until Tiburon finally decides to add them unfortunately. I'm sure this will be the year when reviewers feel online leagues, sidelines, pre/post play anims, etc. all suddenly become noteworthy and important features where they really didn't matter much the past 4-5 yrs. The fact that something like appropriately populated sidelines w/players and cheerleaders is a talking point this year, when they were in 2K5 dating back four years ago is total hypocrisy imo. Just like this clear visor thing. And I'm not trying to start a 2k vs. EA war; just saying if they weren't important to note then they damn sure shouldn't be important to note now, four years and a new system later
My point was directed at reviewers, and how issues like no refs, populated sidelines, online leagues, etc. apparently don't become important until EA decides to add them to their games. EA shouldn't be patting themselves on the back for populating their sidelines, or adding cheerleaders - and reviewers shouldn't be either. Unless they're going beyond what's been done to date, not matching what was done years ago. Unfortunately you see me say "2K" and start making silly fanboy statements that have nothing to do with what I said originally. Which is why I say argue against the points I'm making, not what you feel I'm trying to say. Or what your intuition is telling you I'm saying. I'm flattered you're so enamored with everything I post but it's beginning to make me feel a little uncomfortable

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

Last edited by spankdatazz22; 04-18-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:52 AM   #29
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

The last word on this subject, courtesy of NCAA Utopia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonohoFlnkr
I actually like it this way because EA can not program Def Zone AI correctly, but they sure were good at getting the officials to stand in the middle of a passing window.
Give that man a helmet-sticker!
Old 04-18-2008, 10:19 AM   #30
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Well I hope the game plays alot better and the presentation has really stepped. Gameplay videos or a demo will be the deciding factor. LOL@ not having refs and a chain gang. Tiburon has the best excuses. Too funny.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 32

I don't blame EA but I blame us, the "hardcore" gamers. How many more excuses can we give to EA. If EA can't get refs on the field, how the heck can EA implement a passing pocket, db ai, manage suction blocking, franchise, etc in the game. If EA cant manage the simple things how are they going to manage more complex issues.

I am not tired EA. I am tired of fans saying wait for next year for the past few years and defending a series that is dying in front of our eyes. Stop making excuses for the largest game developer in the world and maybe we can get a decent game of football.

Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #32
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

I'm not making excuses for anyone, I just don't think it's a big deal.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »